Big Announcement - Part 20

You were currently staring at your husband who was laying on the couch with a pack of frozen peas attached to his head. Let's just say, the news of having twins really made not only his jaw drop but his entire body to drop.

"How are you feeling?" You asked him.

"Like ass," he groaned. "And like I just woke up from this weird dream that we were having two babies..."

"Good thing you're on the couch this time because that was not a dream and we are, in fact, having twins," you said.

"Shit," he groaned. "I... wow."

"Yeah, wow," you sighed.

Harry sighed sitting up to look over at you, "I didn't... I didn't mean it like that."

"I know," you sighed.

Harry threw the bag of peas onto the coffee table and opened his arms motioning you to come over to him. You got up from the other chair and walked over to him before sitting on his lap. He put his hands on your belly and looked at you.

"I know my reaction to this wasn't the best-" he started.

"Actually, the nurse said it's quite common," you laughed.

He laughed, "I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse."

"But anyway, despite me Mic Dropping to the floor, I'm happy about this," he smiled.

"But aren't you scared. I mean, one baby is already hard enough, but now there's two? That means two of everything. Two feeding times, Double the diaper changes. Like how are we supposed to do this? I mean what about our jobs and like when you go on tour, how the hell are we going to have two kids traveling?" You sighed. "Oh, and everything is going to cost more."

At this point, you had gotten up from his lap and paced around the living room.

"Baby," Harry said. "Yes, I'm scared. I'm terrified. I've never been a father before to one child, let alone two. So, yeah, I'm scared about fucking up as a father and how we're probably not going to get any sleep for the next eighteen years or more and everything else, but we have each other. And that's all that matters. We can get through anything."

"What will our families say?" You sniffled. "We were already worried about how they were going to feel about us being pregnant."

"It doesn't change anything," he said rubbing your arms. "Either they're going to be happy for us or they're not. I would hope they would be because it's their grandchildren."

"I really hope you're right," you whispered.

"Well, we both know I'm always right," he smirked.

You rolled your eyes.

He laughed, "How are you feeling about this? Besides being scared or worried about everyone else's feelings."

"I am happy," you nodded. "Of course I'm happy. I'm still in shock and it's just all overwhelming, but I'm really, really happy."

Harry smiled kissing your forehead, "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too," you smiled.

**

It was a few days later and your parents were now in town and so were Harry's family. Everyone was staying at the house and the longer they were there, the harder it was keeping the little secret of your pregnancy. You and Harry had planned it all out and would tell them after dinner.

However, you were worried that your stomach would peek through and give it away. Or that Harry would pay a little too much attention to your belly and then draw attention that way. And even though you hid any sort of baby items Harry had already bought in your closet, you were afraid you would have forgotten something and someone would find it.

You weren't sure if the anxiousness you were feeling was nervousness based on what their reactions would be or if you were too excited.

"I don't know how much longer I can wait," you whispered to Harry in the kitchen.

"I know, baby, I know. I can't either, but we just have to get through this dinner and then we can tell them," he said.

"Yeah, I don't know if I'm going to be able to actually eat anything," you groaned.

"Well, at least move your food around a bit so that no one gets suspicious," he smirked.

You slapped his arm before picking up the plates of food and bringing them out to the table. Everyone passed the food around and put what they wanted on their plates. The start of dinner was mostly quiet except forks and knives hitting the plates. Harry cleared his throat before taking a sip of his water. You looked over at him and you couldn't stop him before you even realized what was happening.

"Y/N's pregnant," Harry blurted out.

"Harry!" You whispered harshly.

"I'm sorry," he mouthed.

No one had said anything yet, they just froze their movements before looking over at you.

"Say that again?" Your father asked.

You sighed looking over at him, "I'm pregnant. We're having a baby," you whispered. "Two actually. I'm pregnant with twins."

Harry took your hand, squeezing it gently.

"Wow," Anne whispered.

"That's exactly what I said," Harry laughed.

"I... I don't know what to say," your mom stated. "Is this why you invited us?"

"Yes and no," you answered. "We wanted to see you, but we also wanted to tell you this news in person. We were originally going to tell you about the pregnancy, but we recently found out we're having twins, so that was added in," you laughed.

"Wow... I'm going to be an aunt," Gemma said. "Do you have pictures?"

"Of course," Harry laughed pulling them out of his pocket. He passed the photos around as you two still waited on the reactions of your families.

You bit your lip as you waited and looked around to see if you could see any emotion in their face.

Anne looked up with tears in her eyes before getting up and rushing over to Harry, wrapping her arms around him.

"I can't believe I'm going to be a grandmother!" She smiled.

Harry hugged her back, tears of his own in his eyes.

You looked over at your parents, who were staring at the ultrasound pictures.

They looked at each other before excusing themselves and leaving the room.

You swallowed looking down as a flood of tears fell down your cheeks.  

**

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE HAPPY???