Family Moments - Part 29

The sun was shinning through the window into the bedroom. It was still quite early in the morning and you groaned trying to get comfortable again to go back to sleep. Since you only had a few more months left of your pregnancy, you were beginning to reach the level of uncomfortableness. Harry was laying on his stomach, facing away from you, and snoring like a freight train. You rolled your eyes poking him in his back, but he didn't stop or budge.

All of sudden you got the sudden urge to have to go to the bathroom. The babies were practically sitting on top of your bladder, it felt like. You threw the blanket off of you and quickly ran to the bathroom. With the weight of the babies, you felt like you were waddling like a penguin. Once you were finished, you proceeded to wash your hands, face, and brush your teeth.

You knew there was no going back to sleep anytime soon, so you went down to the kitchen to start making breakfast. You looked through the cabinets and fridge trying to figure out what you wanted. Nothing really peaked your interesting or your tastebuds, so you decided on making some tea for the time being.

You rubbed your belly as you looked out the window waiting for the water to heat up. The pregnancy was going by quicker than you thought. There was still a lot to get done between now and your due date. Of course, the doctor told you and Harry to be ready a month prior to your due date because the odds of you going into labor early with twins was pretty high.

The sound of the tea kettle brought you out of your thoughts, so you took it off the stove and poured it over the tea bag in your mug. You brought your mug out to the backyard and enjoyed the morning. It had been a while since you just sat outside by yourself without thinking of everything that needed to be done or worrying about anything.

You sipped your tea as you looked around picturing what it would be like seeing your two kids running around one day. Playing in the grass and running away from Harry. It still was hard to believe how fast your life had changed.

Before you went to Jamaica to work for Harry, you never would have thought you would have not only been married by now, but also pregnant with twins. It was so strange how one moment can change your life completely. Had you not took the job in Jamaica or had Harry not reached out for you to come, you most likely never would have met him.

And thinking about, made you wonder how true love and soulmates work. What if someone never meets the person they're supposed to be with because they just keep missing each other? How many people are longing for that connection?

You thought about what it would be like to tell your and Harry's kids about how you two met and got married. Your and Harry's story was something not everyone had.

And maybe that was the real reason why people took your marriage, so hard at first. Because they couldn't understand falling in love with someone so quickly and knowing they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together. So, maybe it wasn't necessarily that they weren't happy for you or that they didn't like you two together, it's just they didn't understand.

Truthfully, you understood it.

You heard the door open and Harry walked out with a cup of tea of his own.

"There you are," he said walking over to you. "What are you doing out here?"

"Just thinking," you smiled. "It feels wonderful out here, so I thought I'd just enjoy the morning."

"Am I bothering you?" He asked. "I can go back inside if you want me to."

"No," you smiled taking his hand. "I want you out here now that you're not snoring and drooling all over your pillow."