Back Home - Part 9

Your honeymoon was coming to an end. You and Harry only had about a day and a half left before you needed to head to the airport. It was a bit of a bittersweet feeling because while you were loving your time in Iceland and there were tons more exploring to do, you were looking forward to getting back a bit of normal. Getting back into the hustle and bustle of your everyday life without traveling and leaving out of suitcases.

You and Harry were flying back to LA to spend some time there while also getting some of your things packed up to send over to his London house. It was still surreal to you that you and Harry would be living together, officially now. Even though you've pretty much been staying together in your entire relationship, you were going to be moved in with him. Your things would be in his house. He would make a space for you in his house and you would make a space in yours for him.

Since your last few days had been filled with lots of exploring, shopping, and adventures, you and Harry decided to spend the remaining time around the hotel lands and your suite. You were reading a new book, while Harry looked as if he was writing one as he sat next to you. Harry had been working on a ton of new songs during your trip and the only thing you've heard was a few mumbles, grumbles, and the strums of the guitar as he messed around on it.

"So, am I ever going to hear these songs from start to finish?" You asked closing your book and looking over at him.

"Maybe," he smirked looking over at you.

"Can't I just hear one?" You groaned.

"They're not finished yet," he said. "When they're finished I'll think about it."

"Ugh, fine," you sighed. "I'll just sit here... while you ignore me then.. and write down your mumbo jumbo..."

"Mumbo, Jumbo?" He laughed.

"It was the first thing that popped in my head," you laughed.

"Do you feel like I'm ignoring you?" He asked putting his guitar down.

"Maaaybe, a little," you said.

"Well, then let me make up for that," he smirked pulling you closer to him.

"Hm, and how are you gonna do that, exactly?" You asked wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Let's go find out," he smirked picking you up and carrying you over to the bed.

**

Later that night, you and Harry were sat outside, wrapped in blankets and jackets as you enjoyed a picnic watching the Northern Lights in the sky.

"Wow," you whispered leaning your head against Harry's shoulder. "I feel like that's all I've been saying since we've been here."

"It's because you have," he laughed. "I might need to get you a bloody thesaurus for your birthday."

"Fuck you," you joked.

"Please do," he smirked.

You rolled your eyes taking some of his food off his plate.

"If you weren't my wife, I'd protest at you stealing my food," he laughed.

"Is that still weird to you? Calling me your wife?" You asked.

"Not really, well, not weird in like a weird way, but weird in I can't believe it's true way," he said.

"Are you looking forward to going back to LA?" you asked.

"I'm looking forward to warming up, yeah," he joked. "But yeah, as much as I want to stay here, I want to stay in one place for a few weeks and sleep in a familiar bed."

"My bed isn't exactly familiar to you," you laughed. "Hell, it's not really all that familiar to me right now."

"Sorry," he laughed. "I won't bring you on tour next time."

"Hey!" you said. "You better be bringing me! If not for work, then as your wife."

"I'll always want you with me," he smiled kissing your head.

"I love you," you smiled.

"And I love you," he whispered holding you close to him.

You both look back up at the sky, taking in the amazing view for most of the night before heading back inside.

**

You were now back in LA at your house. You were unpacking and washing clothes because you couldn't sleep due to jet lag. Harry, however, had no trouble sleeping the past few days. After throwing the last bit in the dryer, you made yourself some sleepytime tea in hopes of it finally letting your body sleep.

While you waited for the tea to settled your body down, you started looking through the photos from your and Harry's trip. You smiled at them as all the memories came flooding back and it made you miss Iceland a little bit. Seeing all these moments... you got an idea. Your and Harry's three-month anniversary would be coming up soon, so you decided as his gift, you would compile a video with footage from when you first met in Jamaica, throughout your relationship on tour, your wedding, and then finally your honeymoon.

You were so excited to start working on it, that you didn't even worry about finishing the rest of your tea because you were perfectly fine with being up all night.