Family Drama Again - Part 21

Your parents had been gone from the dinner table for what seemed like ages. Everyone else was congratulating you and Harry and gushing over the Styles babies to come. After a bit, you finally excused yourself and went in search of your parents. You came up to their bedroom door and heard them talking.

"I can't believe this," your mother said. "Is she trying to ruin her life? First, she gets married to someone she's barely known for a year and now they're bringing children into the mix."

"Honey, I know you're having a hard time with this, but Y/N is adult. And she's perfectly capable of making her own decisions," your father said.

"I know that, but I just don't want to see her lose everything she's worked so hard for. How is she supposed to travel with clients when she's pregnant and is the mother of two," she sighed.

"She was going to have children one day," he said.

"She's still young. She has plenty of time for kids..." she said.

"And I have plenty of time for my job," you butted in.

You walked into the room with your arms crossed and stared at your parents, "I understand your concerns, I do. And yes, I will admit to you that this pregnancy wasn't planned. Yes, we were taking the proper precautions, but just like with anything there are risks. However, that doesn't mean we are ecstatic over the fact that we're having kids. I mean, yeah we're a little terrified, but isn't everyone? I understood when you two were upset when you found out we got married because you weren't there, but this- I really thought you two would be happy for us. But I guess because it doesn't fit into what you want me to be, you can't be."

You turned and walked out before either of them could say anything. You went into your bedroom and shut the door. You were beyond angry and hurt as you paced around the room. It shouldn't matter. Their opinion shouldn't matter. You were happy. Harry was happy. And his family was happy.

But it did matter. You wanted your family to be happy. You wanted your family to embrace you and talk about all these exciting things that were to come. Yet you didn't get any of that.

Harry opened the door and walked in after a few minutes.

"They think I'm ruining my life," you cried.

"Oh, baby," Harry whispered rushing to take you in his arms. "I'm sure they don't mean it."

"They do! My mother is more worried about me losing a fucking career than me having babies," you sniffled.

"This is probably just a shock is all," he said rubbing your back. "They'll come to their senses soon. Just like they did when they found out we got married."

"Why can't they just be happy for us?" You sniffled. "This is our life. We should be able to do whatever the fuck we want."

"Technically we can," he laughed. "And we are. Just because they have an issue with what we're doing or how we're handling things, that's on them, not us."

"I just.. your family... they were so happy and excited... I wanted that. I wanted that with my family," you whispered.

"I know, love, I wanted that too, but you know what?" He whispered. "My family is your family."

You smiled a bit, "That's true."

"So, why don't we just take a few more minutes and we both can go back downstairs and enjoy it with everyone who is happy," he smiled.

**

Later that night, Harry approached your parents, who had excused themselves for the rest of the night.

"May I come in?" Harry asked peeking his head in the doorway.

"It's your house," your father nodded.

Harry walked in and sat down looking at your parents, "I can see that you two aren't very happy about Y/N being pregnant. I guess I'm not really sure why, but Y/N is under the impression that you feel as if she's throwing her life away. I really want to say that's pretty fucked up. You were against our marriage from the beginning, but then you seemed to be okay with it. Yet, now you're once again not happy."

"Was this pregnancy planned? No, it wasn't. We took every precaution that we could take. Do we wish this happened a little later in our relationship? Maybe, but we're not upset about this one bit. We're fucking ecstatic. I want you to know that I love Y/N with everything in me and I would never keep her from having a career or following her dreams. I would never put my dreams over hers or expect her to follow me around like a lovesick puppy. This isn't the 1950′s. I'm not going to make her stay at home and raise our kids. So, if that's what you're worried about.. if that's what why you're upset about our decision to have kids, then just trust in me to know that I'm going to uphold what I say to you and be happy for us."

"But if not... then I don't know what else to do. Just remember she is your daughter and our babies are your grandkids. Your family and if that doesn't mean enough for you two, then maybe you shouldn't be here," Harry stated before getting up and walking out of the room.

**

WHY CAN'T EVERYONE JUST BE HAPPY AND GET ALONG??? I'm the writer, yes, but I still ask myself this question. Lol.