Baby Shower - Part 31

You woke up to an empty bed and the smell of breakfast filling the air. You sat up when you saw Harry walking into the bedroom with a tray full of your favorite things. Today was the day of your baby shower and Harry was definitely making sure he was going all out for it.

"Aw, you didn't have to make me breakfast," you said.

"I wanted to," he smiled. "Today is your day, love."

"It's our day," you smiled. "We're celebrating our babies."

"True, but you're the one carrying them and will eventually give birth to them," he said. "All I did was rock your world for like two minutes," he joked.

"I'd say it was a good minute and a half," you giggled.

He laughed, shaking his head as he sat the tray down on the bed before sitting next to you.

"Now, today is all planned and everything with the shower is being taken care, so you don't have to worry about that," he said. "The only thing you have to do is relax and then enjoy the shower."

You took a bite of your food, "When you say today is all planned, what do you mean by that?"

"Well, after breakfast, you have an appointment at the spa, where you're getting the works. Massage, facial, soak, hair, makeup, mani, pedi, etc, etc," he smiled. "Then you'll head to the shower."

"Oh, I love the gesture and I love you for arranging all of this," you said. "But I couldn't... I wouldn't feel right living it up at the spa while everyone else is putting everything together."

"Y/N, you're pregnant," he said. "This is your day. Your body is doing enough as it is, one day of relaxing and taking time for yourself isn't selfish. Besides, it's not like Gemma would let you set up your own shower anyway. She wants you to be surprised."

"Okay, so if I'm at the spa, what are you going to be doing?" You asked taking another bite.

"I have a few things up my sleeves," he said.

"Like?" You asked.

"You'll find out eventually," he said.

You groaned, "You've already put together the nursery, what else is there for you to do that's a surprise?"

"Come on, Y/N, you should know me by now, there's always a surprise," he smirked.

**

You were finishing up at the spa as you ate a little snack. Everything was perfect and you felt very relaxed, but you were also feeling a little selfish. You were currently getting your hair done and then your makeup before Harry would be picking you up. You couldn't wait for your shower and to see everything set up. You also couldn't wait to see Harry's reaction of it all.

Once you were all done, one of the workers brought in a large bag for you.

"What's this?" You asked.

"Your husband asked us to give this to you," she smiled.

"Oh, um, thank you," you said taking it from her.

You walked into a little dressing area and unzipped the bag. Inside was the most beautiful, lacy, bright, yellow dress. You gasped pulling the bag off and really getting a good look. Tears filled your eyes as you moved your hand over the fabric. You weren't sure why you felt so emotional. You never cried over a dress or any outfit before.

You took it off the hanger and quickly put it on. Luckily, there wasn't any zippers. It fit you perfectly. It was form fitting in certain places and flowing in others. You looked at yourself in the mirror and couldn't believe it. That was probably the first time since you've pregnant that you felt and looked like yourself.

After composing yourself, you made your way out of the room with your stuff in tow, to your husband waiting for you. He was wearing white, flared trousers, and matching yellow button up shirt that was buttoned halfway.

"Now, I see why you went with the yellow," you smiled.

Harry looked up, smiling as he looked you up and down. "You look gorgeous."

You blushed rubbing your belly, "Thank you," you smiled.

"Do you like it?" He asked taking your things.

"It's perfect," you smiled. "This whole day has been perfect."

"Well, it's only the beginning," he smiled holding out his arm.

**

When you got to his mother's houses, cars filled the driveway and the sides of the streets. You hadn't realized how many people you had invited until then. Harry helped you out of the car, placing his hand on your back as you both walked to the backyard.

"Are you ready, baby?" He asked.

"I'm ready," you smiled.

You both reached the party and everyone cheered for the two of you. You felt a little awkward, but a smile crossed your face anyway. Both of you mingled around for a bit before taking a seat down at the table.

You looked over at Harry, "So, what do you think?"

"I think you should have told me my baby pictures were going to be plastered everywhere," he joked.

"Hey, mine are here, too," you laughed.

"Yeah, but you knew about it," he pointed out.

"Oh, hush," you smiled.

A few minutes later, Gemma clinked her glass, getting everyone's attention.

"First, I want to thank everyone coming here today," she smiled. "This shower was a lot of work, but it's worth it to celebrate my new nieces or nephews. Harry, Y/N.. I know things haven't always been the best between us these past few months, but I'm truly happy and excited to share this new chapter with you two. I know you both are going to be bloody amazing parents and I can't wait to be the best aunt ever."

Harry wiped a tear from his eye before getting up and going over to his sister and giving her a hug. You smiled getting up from your chair and doing the same. After the emotional speeches, it was time for games and more mingling with guests. Your parents were there and seemed to be having a great time.

You were really feeling the love and couldn't wait for your babies to experience it as well. Harry was talking with some of his family, when you started feeling off. You went over to grab some water and as you poured some into your glass, you noticed your hand was shaking. You looked around for a nearby seat and as you went to sit down, you missed the chair completely and fell straight to ground, seeing black.