Something's Different - Part 16

Harry was still snoring when you woke up. You groaned as you got out from under the blankets and your feet touched the cool hardwood floor of the bedroom. You quickly ran into the bathroom to pee, wash your face, and brush your teeth before heading downstairs. You turned on the coffee machine and took out a mug from the cabinet.

While you wait for the coffee to finish making, you started getting some things out to make a quick breakfast. As you were cooking, you felt a wave of nausea come over you.  You made your way to the downstairs bathroom and splashed some cold water over your face. You took a few deep breaths trying to keep it at bay.

After a few moments, the feeling of getting sick lessened, so you went back into the kitchen. You felt confused as to the way you were feeling that way and how it just came on suddenly and then went away. You still felt a little nauseous, but you thought it was simply because you were hungry, so you made a piece of toast to nibble on while you finished everything else.

Just as you were putting the food on two plates, Harry made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning," he yawned scratching his bare tummy as he walked over to you.

You laughed, "Morning," you smiled.

"What?" He asked pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Nothing, it's just, morning's like this make me happy," you smiled. "Like this is exactly what marriage is supposed to be. Just a simple... breakfast, together."

He smiled wrapping his arms around your shoulder, "I love you."

"You better," you joked.

He laughed kissing your forehead, "Come on, let's go eat outside. It's a beautiful day."

You nodded and you both took everything outside. The sun was shining and the warm breeze felt great against your skin. You even had forgotten about your slight issue just a few moments ago.

"Mm, this is delicious, baby," he said. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," you smiled. "Maybe tomorrow you can cook me breakfast instead of snoring in the bed for an hour."

"Hey! I don't snore," he laughed.

"You do, quite loudly," you giggled.

"Oh, whatever," he shook his head. "You're the one that snores and you just think it's me."

"Yeah, I don't think that's possible," you said.

"Well, then if my snoring is such an issue, I'll just sleep in the guest room, then," he smirked.

"Oh, would you?" you joked.

He gasped, "Fuck you then," he pouted.

You giggled getting up from your chair and sitting on his lap, "I'm just joking," you smiled. "I'd miss you if you weren't sleeping next to me."

He smiled, "So basically what you're saying is you love me and my snoring?"

"So, you're admitting that you snore?" You pointed out.

"Fuck me," he laughed shaking his head.

**

Over the next few days, you kept waking up feeling massively sick to your stomach, however, you never actually got sick. At first, you were a little concerned, but then you just thought it was maybe heartburn or acid reflux. Harry hadn't noticed anything, mostly because you haven't gotten sick or even mentioned to him.

You were out shopping with Anne and Gemma when you felt another wave come over you. You closed your eyes and took deep breaths while they were shopping the racks of the clothes in the store. You found a corner in the shop and leaned against the wall.

"Y/N, sweetheart, is everything okay?" You heard Anne ask.

You opened your eyes and nodded softly, "Yeah, I just got a little out of it."

"We've been shopping for a while, do you think we should head get some lunch now?" she asked.

"Um, I should be fine, but yeah, it would probably help if we go soon," you nodded.

"Okay, Gemma is in the fitting room, but after that, we should be ready to pay," she said.

You nodded and sat down while you waited for them. Once Anne and Gemma paid for their things, you all headed to a nearby restaurant. You were still feeling a little off, but the urge to throw up was gone. You all sat down at a table and you started skimming the menu before ordering.

After you gave the waitress your order, you sipped on your water.

"How are you feeling?" Anne asked. "You were looking a bit pale."

"I'm... feeling better," you said. "It usually comes on and then leaves after a few minutes."

"This has happened before?" Gemma asked.

"Everyday for the last few days," you said.

"Have you contacted your doctor?" Anne asked. "This doesn't seem normal."

"No, I haven't really thought about it," you said. "I haven't gotten sick or anything and it only lasts for a few minutes and then I'm back to normal."

"Well, if it continues I think you should really see a doctor about it," she said. "Does Harry know?"

"I haven't really told him," you shook your head. "It normally is just in the mornings and then maybe once or twice later in the day. Usually eating helps, so I think I just need to eat a bit more frequently."

You could tell by the way Anne was biting down on her lip and twirling her straw in her glass that she wanted to say or suggest something. However, she was holding it back.

**

It was the following morning, Harry was already for an early work out at the gym. You had decided to skip it, due to how you normally were feeling in the mornings. You made your way into the bathroom and did all of your normal routines. When you went to grab something from the cabinet underneath the sink, you noticed an entire box of feminine products that hadn't been opened.

You grabbed your phone and went to the app you used. Now that you were seeing the box and the app, you started to realize you were almost an entire month late from your period.  The wave of nausea had made its return yet again, however, that time you found yourself making your way over to the toilet.

When you were done, you brushed your teeth and sighed. You went into your closet, where you had hidden away a stash of pregnancy tests. You kept them there for emergency purposes while keeping them away from Harry. You brought a couple into the bathroom and sat on the side of the tub.

You couldn't believe this. The possibility of this wasn't completely shocking. Ever since you and Harry got married, you two weren't as strict on condom usage, but you were still taking your birth control. Having kids was something you and Harry both wanted, but you two hadn't exactly had that conversation on when you two would be ready for parenthood.

"Okay, I just need to do this," you told yourself. "I could just be late. Doesn't mean I'm pregnant. The sooner I get this over with... the sooner I know."

You took a deep breath before opening the package and taking out its contents. You read over the directions and took the test. You put a timer on your phone and the entire time, you felt like you couldn't breathe.

If this test came back positive, this would literally change your life and Harry's. Your marriage would be changed as well.  Would you two even be ready for kids?

Would you be happy? Would Harry be happy?

What if the test came back negative? Would you act like this never even happened? Would you be disappointed? Would you tell Harry or keep it from him?

The sound of your phone timer going off brought you out of your thoughts. You swallowed as you picked up the test and looked down to find out the results.

**

Dun, dun, dun. Do you think it's positive or negative??? Leave your thoughts in the comments!