Drama No More? - Part 6

The second you realized your parents were there, you froze. You literally couldn't do anything, but stare over in their direction. Your legs were locked up. Your feet were somehow glued to the ground and your mouth was dropped in shock. The only thing bringing you out of your trace was Harry placing his hand on the small of your lower back and pressing his lips against your forehead.

"We should go over and speak with them," Harry whispered.

The feeling had returned in your body somehow, so you found yourself responding with a nod and following him over to your parents.

Harry reached out his hand towards your father and smiled, "Thank you for being here."

"You must be Harry," your father responded.

"I am," Harry nodded. "Lovely to meet you."

"Yes, but if only this moment happened prior to you marrying my daughter," he noted.

Harry cleared his throat and looked your father in the eye as he stood up tall, "If you've only come to cause an issue, then I'm going to stop you right here and now and ask you to leave. I will not have our day ruined over petty bullshit."

"Excuse me? This isn't petty bullshit!" Your father snapped harshly. "Our daughter ran off and got married to some playboy she's only known for a few days and that we don't even know and you think we don't have a right to be upset."

"It's not your decision on who I marry," you spoke up. "I'm the one who is going to be spending the rest of my life with him, not you. I'm the one who's going to be having children with him one day, etc. This is my decision. I love him and he loves me. Do I wish you were happy for me, for us? Yes.  Do I wish you accepted Harry and our marriage? Yes. Do I wish you'd love Harry as your son? Yes, but that doesn't mean you have to and if you don't, then oh fucking well. Like Harry said, if your only reason for being here is to start shit, then you wasted time and money to come here."

You didn't even wait to hear their response before walking past them and went back inside the house, where Harry followed, leaving your parents alone.

**

You had snuck into the bathroom and tried to calm yourself down. You took some tissue and dabbed at your eyes to keep from ruining your makeup. Harry walked in and sighed when he saw you.

Damn, you forgot to lock the door.

"Baby," he whispered wrapping his arms around you.

"I wish I never called them," you sniffled. "I wish, I wish I never told them to come."

"I know you think that now, but maybe them being here, is what they needed and we needed them to see," he said. "This way they can see how much in love we are and that we didn't just make a rash decision. My Mum and Sister came around, surely your parents will at some point too."

"They're pretty stubborn though," you mumbled.

"Hm, I wonder who else is a bit stubborn," he smirked.

You rolled your eyes shaking your head at him.

He laughed kissing your forehead, "You know, normally the bride and groom sneak away to the bathroom to have a little quickie wedding sex, not to have a secret crying session."

"Are you hinting at something?" You laughed.

"Only that I don't want you to cry anymore tonight. This is our special day and I only want happy tears falling down your face," he whispered. "Plus, my Mum would kill me if she found out I snuck off to have sex in her bathroom."

You giggled, "Yeah, I don't want to be a widow so soon."

He laughed, "Come on, let's go out and enjoy the party."

**

After recomposing yourself, touching up your eye makeup, you and Harry went back out everyone. You didn't notice your parents there anymore and while your heart sank a little bit, you pushed it out of your mind because you weren't going to let them leaving ruin the rest of the night. You and Harry went back to minging through the guests and you were having a great time.

All of a sudden you saw Harry standing up in front of everyone with the microphone in his hand.

"If I could please have my beautiful wife make her way to the stage," he said. "We need to have our first dance."

You blushed as you make your way to the stage. When you get there, Harry takes you into his arms and you both begin to sway to the music of your first dance. Harry stares down into your eyes, while you do the same to him. Everyone watched as the two of you danced the night away, including your parents, who had not actually left.

They were seated in the very back of the yard, watching everything. They had originally planned on leaving, especially after the way you both had spoken to them. However, after you and Harry went inside the house, Anne had walked over to talk to them. They all had spoken for a while and it was nice for your parents to have someone who was sympathetic to their feelings because Anne knew what it felt like.

But the talk also, allowed them to understand how you were feeling as well, which is why the stayed. From afar, they were able to see this amazing aura radiating off of you whenever you were around Harry or when you were talking with others, who happy for you. They saw the happiness in your eyes during the video from the wedding and the photos that were displayed from the day in Jamaica.

It seemed as if they were finally able to understand why you had been so upset over the way they had been acting and to be quite honest, they felt bad about how angry they had been about the whole thing. Now, it's not as if they didn't have a right to be upset, but they didn't have to respond in the way they had.

Your mother took out of her phone and videoed the first dance.

"We really should apologize," she whispered once she was finished. "I mean look at how happy she is, how happy they both are. Isn't that all we've wanted for her?"

Your father sighed nodding, "Yeah, it is."

"I love our daughter and I know you love her too, which is why I don't want to lose her over this. That man is her present and future, I don't want to become her past and miss out on anything else because we held a grudge over something like this," she whispered taking his hand into hers.

"I hate it when you're right," he laughed a bit.

**

You and Harry were now eating cake at your table when your parents walked up to it. Both you and Harry were shocked seeing them because you both thought they left almost two hours ago.  Harry was about to stand up and confront them, but you put your hand on his arm to stop him.

"Y/N, Harry," your mother started. "Your father and I wanted to say how sorry we are about how we've acted. We were hurt and we let that overtake the situation."

"We see now how happy you are and that's all we've ever wanted for you," your father said. "And we never want to miss anything else in your life over how we acted. We love you and we're so proud of you. You look absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you," you whispered standing up and hugging both of your parents.

Harry got up from his chair and walked over to your parents. Your father pulled away from you and looked over at Harry.

"It's your job to protect and watch over my little girl now. You better not break her hurt," he said firmly.

"I'd rather die than hurt her, sir," Harry whispered.

Your father smiled pulling him in for a hug. You smiled and then took a picture with your parents. The rest of the night was drama free and now that you and your parents were on better terms, a huge weight was lifted off of you and felt the happiest you had ever been.

Now, that the family drama had been settled, next up was your and Harry's honeymoon and you couldn't wait.