Time to Celebrate - Part 5

"Okay, two o'clock is perfect," Harry said into his phone.

You were currently sitting on the floor of his bedroom, curling your hair for the makeshift wedding reception you and Harry were throwing for yourselves. You never really thought you'd be getting yourself ready like this for something so big, but you also never thought you'd elope on a whim either.

"Who was that?" you asked him, once he was off the phone. You took another strand in your hand and twirled it around the wand while you waited for his answer.

"The cater," he said. "They were finalizing their time of arrival."

You nodded, "Everyone is coming between three and four, right?" You asked.

"That's the plan," he said. "Speaking of everyone coming... have you heard from your parents."

"Not a single fucking word," you mumbled.

You had contacted your parents multiple times through phone calls and text messages, but they at yet to respond to you. That hurt you more than the conversation you had with when they found out about the marriage. But even though it hurt, you weren't about to let them ruin your special day with your husband.

Speaking of your husband, he had now joined you on the floor and wrapped his arms around your waist and set his chin on your shoulder.

"I hope they decide to show up," he started. "But I don't want them here if they are only going to want to start drama."

"I know, I thought about that too," you sighed. "However, they're still my parents and I would hope they wouldn't want to ruin such a special day, especially since they made such a big ass deal about not being there for the actual wedding."

"Well, I guess we're just going to have to find out," he sighed.

"I guess so," you whispered leaning back against him.

"Hm, you look really beautiful right now," he smirked. "And you smell really, really, good."

"Keep it in your pants," you laughed. "I've already spent enough time on this hair, I'm going to let you ruin it because you're horny."

"I thought sex hair was in," he smirked.

"Not for our wedding reception," you laughed. "Besides, if this was our actual wedding day, you wouldn't even be in my room right now, much less trying to bone me."

"Well good thing we're already married then," he smirked tickling your sides.

**

It was time for the reception and you were finishing up getting ready. You had gotten a different dress from your actual wedding dress. It was definitely more like a wedding dress and it was one of the most expensive dresses/articles of clothing you had even purchased for yourself. You didn't tell Harry about it because you wanted him to see it for the first time at the reception and be surprised about it.

Luckily, he was outside finalizing on the details, so you were able to get it on without him seeing. However, as you zipped up the side of the dress, you felt the same feeling you felt on your wedding day. You wished your mother was there to help you get ready, but again, it hurt worse knowing she wasn't there for this moment than it ever was for the wedding day itself.

When you decided to elope with Harry, you knew your parents would have been upset, but you would never have thought they would have shunned you in the manner they did. How they would just stop talking to you and ignore you over something that made you happy. You never thought your parents would be so selfish, yet here they are. Putting their own feelings over yours.