Rumors Have Consequences - Part 12

It had been over a week since the photos of Harry and his ex, had been posted online and rumors that stemmed from it. Of course, just by looking at the photos they weren't even remotely insinuating a rekindling amongst the two, however, the way the media could make up a story along with the photo, it did make it seem a little convincing.  You and Harry were fine for the most part, thanks to you know the truth as soon as it happened. Harry felt bad because he wished he hadn't gotten himself into that position.

He was just giving her the benefit of the doubt and wanted to be cordial with her, yet now that came back to bite him in the ass. When your parents learned of the news, they had called you immediately to check on you and to find out what was going on. You reassured them nothing was going on and that it was all a misunderstanding.

For the most part, they seemed to believe you, but you could sense they were a little hesitant and had a guard up around Harry. Even though they were supportive of the marriage between you and Harry now, you knew there still a tiny bit skeptical of it working out. They would never admit it though, but you could tell.

The only thing really bothering you during all this was that you and Harry were followed a lot more by paparazzi both together and whenever you were doing things separately. You still weren't used to going to grab lunch with a friend or heading to the gym and see strangers with a huge ass camera pointed right at you. And now articles were being written about you and how miserable you were to find your husband of only a few short months cheating on you.

It was even more awkward being in the check out line at the grocery store and seeing your face on the cover of a tabloid magazine and old ladies standing behind you would put two and two together.

"I'm so sorry you're having to go through this my dear," one had actually said to you as you were putting your things onto the conveyor belt.

You were taken so off guard from her statement that all you could do was stare at her and say thank you. Looking back on it though, you should have said something along the lines of don't believe everything you see or read because it isn't true. But it's not like it would have mattered.

You also thought about making a social media post to shut down the rumors and acknowledge it, but Harry said it would only fuel more rumors and it was best to just waited it out.

So, that's exactly what you were trying to do.

**

That day you had a lunch meeting with a potential new client. They had reached out to you after their previous videographer was taking some time off. You were nervous because this had been your first new client since Harry and that was more of a phone call, not an interview. You had just finished getting dressed, choosing black skinnies, a loose white button up, and short black blazer.

You finished the look with you black velvet pumps and your hair curled and pulled back on top. You closed the back of your earrings when Harry walked into the closet.

"Well, don't you look like a sexy, successful businesswoman," Harry smirked leaning against the doorway.

"That's what I'm going for," you laughed apply a nude lip.

"God, my wife is fucking hot," he groaned. "When's your lunch over?"

"Not sure. It depends, maybe an hour, maybe two," you shrugged. "Why?"

He pushed off the wall and walked over towards you, wrapping his arms around your waist and put his chin on your shoulder, "Because I really want to rip this outfit off of you and fuck you in this closet right now... but I can wait until you get back..."