Baby Shower Planning - Part 30

On the days agenda, you were meeting up with Gemma to start planning your baby shower and going shopping for decorations. You were both excited and nervous. Excited because you were looking forward to having a baby shower, but nervous because you've not really spent anytime with just you and Gemma without Harry or anyone else.

"You're going to be fine," Harry whispered wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Of course, I'm going to be fine," you said. 'Why would you think I think otherwise?"

"Because you've got that worried look in your eye, your shoulders are tense and you're about to poke your eye out with your mascara because your hands are shaking," he said taking your hand in his. "Babe, she's just my sister. I'm not sending you to the lion's den."

"I know, I know," you sighed. "But your sister hasn't always been my biggest fan, so there's that."

"Hey, look at me," he said.

You sighed turning around and looking up at him.

"I know there's been some not good moments between you and my sister, but if we want things to get better, we have to take small baby steps. Especially with the babies coming," he said. "This is her olive branch to admit she didn't make the best first impression. so she should be on her best behavior. Please, just give her a chance?"

"You know I will," you said. "But it doesn't mean I'm not still nervous."

He kissed your forehead, "Do you want me to go?"

You shook your head, "Honestly, I think it would make things worse. It would make it seem like I need you for everything and I don't trust being around her."

"That's my girl," he smiled. "Now, I'll let you finish up so you're late."

"What are your plans for the day?" You asked.

He shrugged, "Haven't really thought about it," he said. "Might just... hang out here. Make some tea, read a book?"

"Why don't you ever do that while I'm here? You know those are like my favorite things," you laughed.

"Because I get too distracted when you're here," he smirked.

"Oh, so it's my fault." You laughed. "Fuck you!"

"Hey! I'm just joking," he said.

"Yeah, yeah," you laughed. "Now, get out of here so I get ready."

He laughed kissing your cheek before going back into the bedroom.

**

About a half hour later, you arrived for lunch to meet Gemma. She wasn't there yet, so you sat down at the table waiting for her. You looked over the menu to get an idea of what you wanted to eat. You had two food moods during this pregnancy. One you wanted to eat everything in sight because everything sounded delicious, while the other you barely wanted anything because everything sounded gross. There was never an in-between.

That day you didn't really want to eat much, so you decided you would go for soup and bread. By the time the waitress brought you your water, Gemma walked into the shop. You waved her over and she made her way towards the table.

"What can I get you to drink?" The waitress asked.

"Oh, water will be fine," she said sitting down, brushing hair from her face.

You took a sip of your water trying to ease your nerves a bit. Neither one of you really spoke until after you ordered your food and the waitress took the menus.