Chapter Forty One: Getting Suspicious

"Sorry, sir." Just as Fabia went to walk past the super tall man, he reached for her arm but her reflexes were far better then his. She did a side step and sent the man backwards as she pushed the man with such a force against his chest.

"That's not a very nice way to handle a lady." She frowned. Suddenly she held out her hands in front of her and summoned a big purple mist and pushed it onto him. Then the mist cleared and the man had vanished.

I gulped. "Where'd he go?"

Fabia turned with a grin. "Right now,  he's standing on an iceberg in the Arctic." She waved her hand dramatically. "Punishment for putting a hand on a woman."

I turned to Peter and mumbled, "Remind me to never get on her bad side."

"Just bring a winter coat the next time you see her." He laughed.

"Extra insulated." I laughed. Peter and I stood holding our mouths shut,  looking at each other like we were little kids trying hard not to be heard laughing.

She coughed awkwardly. "Let's move along please."
There was a worry tone in her voice that made me feel uneasy.

"Ned's been asking about you a lot." Peter said as we walked along the wide-walled cobblestoned lobby.

"Oh yeah? Well... Ned's, Ned." I said trying not to lose my ground.

"I've decided to take your words for it and tell him I'm Spiderman so now he's 'The  man in the chair'" he said as a matter infactly.

I nodded my head, listening to parts of the story my mind was allowing me to open up to. Even when Peter thoroughly told me about the time he spent without me, I still couldn't seem to remember anything.

"Fabia, Tony Stark would like to see you in the lounge as soon as possible"

Came a masculines voice through the walls of the hall we were in.

"Jarvis?" I looked at Fabia.
She shot Peter a quick glance before looking back at me and nodding. "Tony's computer program connected to the entire building, Google home, if you will."

"Right."

She led us down multiple hallways until she finally stopped down an aisle way and turned around to face us. "Okay, you don't have much time."

I glanced at Peter who looked like he suspected what was about to happen.

A mist of purple formed infront of us.

"Go ahead, girly." She smiled lightly at me.

"Where are we-"

     I was interrupted by the sound of dozen of footsteps coming our way. I turned around behind me, Peter doing the same. I gasped when several soldiers came around the corner walking slowly towards us.

"Like I said," Fabia said. "Not much time." She reached forward and pushed Peter in the portal then she grabbed my wrist and looked  at me for a moment and then said, "good luck." Before pulling me inside the mist.

The last thing I remembered from the other side of the portal was the sounds of Fabia screaming.

"Fabia!" I shouted. I felt a warm hand slip into mine and I looked at Peter. Just as quick, the misty world around me turned into bright sunshine above my head. I checked my surroundings. I was in an alleyway.

When I saw our hands were still connected, I immediately pulled away. He looked at me worryingly and I gave him a small smile.

"I don't recall this location." I tipped my head at a garbage dumpster that read, 'Queens' on it.

But then again, I didn't recall anything.

"It's home." He looked at me blankly. "Come on, let's go."

We walked down the alleyway towards the streets.

"Ahhh, the sweet smell of Queens." He breathed in then looked around confused. "Where did Fabia put us?"

I looked around with him. The sound of vehicles crawling up the streets, dogs barking, birds chirping and any other audible sound that reached my ears, made me feel uneasy.

"This town is so small." I pointed out.

"Yeah. It's a small town. The 'Everyone knows everyone' kinda town."

Mhh. I thought. If everyone know everyone, then why don't ask someone for directions?

I walked forward towards a man and stopped him just before he reached his vehicle.

"Sir," he looked up at me. "Would you happen to know where my boyfriend, here, lives?"

I felt a hand snake around my waist.

"Sorry, sir. My girlfriend's confused. Don't worry about it."

The man raised his brows as he continued to open his door and hop inside, slipping us a cautious glance.

"Sorry!" I called off to him.

I looked at Peter who now had the most annoyed/terrified, wide eyes. "What was that?!"

"Everyone knows everyone. Isn't that what you said."

He face palmed himself. "Not what I meant."

.

Eventually, Peter came up a street he recognized and we made our way to his appartment.

He knocked on the door because it was locked.

A middle-aged woman opened it and immediately looked at me. "Oh my gosh, y/n!" She pulled me in to her chest and hugged me tightly.

I refused to hug her back. I still wasn't completely aware of my past, but I was for certain that I was not a hugger!

"Well, hello." Was all I could make out.

"I've missed you!" She pulled away and glanced at Peter. "We.. we missed you. Peter's been so dreary ever since you got sick! Oh my, don't get me started about that. Please, come in."

We stepped inside and kicked off our shoes. The house was so quaint. Modern styled rooms.

"Oh, darling," she ran off to the next room which looked like a kitchen. "You're just in time for supper!" She stirred the pot on the stove.

I smiled when I realized Peter's gaze was on me. Studying me.

"I need some clean clothes." I just realized, looking down. "Where's the room?"

"Our rooms down the hall to the right." He kept his face straight, minus the squinting eyes he's been giving me since we arrived to the house. As if he was trying to figure me out. And I felt as though he did.

"Perfect." I walked past him, as he leaned his back against a wall with his arms folded. I took notice that his head followed me as I walked.

What was I going to do? He clearly was already getting suspicious. Does he already know? Maybe I'm thinking too much about it. I can do this.

No I can't!