Chapter Thirty: Scans of the Heart

Stark Tower
*12 days later*

"Tony Stark!" Called a masculine voice, barging into Starks office.

"Hasn't anybody taught you to knock?" He scowled at the guard.

"Yes but I-"
"Seriously, I feel so disrespected."
"I'm sorry-"
"Sorry!" Tony scoffed. "I'm gonna install a doorbell."
"Sir, I brought news."
"One thing you're good at."
"It's y/n."

"Well that's news." He pushed back from his desk on his rolly-chair. "You couldn'tve told me this earlier?!"

"S-sorry sir," the guard said nervously. "It's y/n though and I thought it was our number 1 priority and there's some notes the doctor wants you to look at and-"

"Please just stop talking."
"Sorry, sir."

He walked past the guard, who had the most petrified eyes on the ground.

Tony opened his double- doors and began walking down the hallway.

Tony Stark, you have an incoming call from Mrs. Pots. Jarvis said in his earpiece.

"Great. Tell her I'm seeing a pat-"
"Tony?" Pepper said.
"Hey hunny, now's not the time."
"Where are you?"
"I'm just on my way to see a young girl at the moment."
"What?"
"She's a patient, Pepper. You know I love you."

Tony could tell Pepper was smiling through the phone. "I love you too."

"Okay I gotta go." Tony said stepping through the doorway of the hospital center.

"Don't forget about our reservations tonight."

"Reser- yeah of course, how could I forget."

"Be there. 6 sharp!" She hung up.

"Hey Jarvis, set a reminder for those reservations I have tonight."

Yes sir.

Tony stood on the other side of the exglavator box at a desk that'd been designated for her to lay in to stabilize her organs. He looked at her test results as he sat on a comfortable, leather, desk chair. He stared through the glass wall- that had been designed to get the full view of inside- at y/n.

Three nurses who held clipboards in hand, were standing in the box. They turned to Tony when they saw him and they rushed out of the room.

He leaned back, entwining his fingers and resting them on the back of his head. "What are we looking at, doc's?"

"Her um," the shorter burnette girl began. "Her organs... they're failing. Her body is refusing liquids."

"We're having a hard time examining the scans." A tall, lean raven-haired man said. "There's a shadow's covering over her heart."

The raven-haired man grabbed a remote and clicked a button. In front of them, a projector appeared, revealing y/n/'s scans. He pointed to where there was, indeed, a shadow covering 1/4 of her heart.

Tony changed his position to putting his elbows on the desk and resting his hands in his palms.

This changed again. His eyes widened and he stiffened. He swiped the projector to dissapear. Y/n had her eyes open. Tony stood slowly.