Chapter Thirty Eight: Hanging by the Tree

It was a vision. With a blink of an eye, it had all vanished and I was returned to walking down the hall with the guard standing beside me. I froze.

"-and her water broke. And well, here I am..." He paused turning to me.      "Y/n?" Then his eyes followed mine as they shifted to the window. I knew it was only a matter of seconds before-

I turned around and squinted my eyes at the window, hoping to find exactly where the sniper was coming from. I couldn't see anything but there was no time to lose.

I caught a glimpse of something move outside. "DUCK!" I screamed.

     The next thing I know, Agent runs between me and the window, facing me and the loud shot from a gun and the shatter of glass erupted our ears. I tried to ignore the commotion people along the side lines were making. screaming and running for safety whilst I hovered over the dead agents body. For a building with so much security, you would think they had security standing on guard right about now.

I caught my breath when I realized I forgot to breathe. I had seen this coming and I didn't change the outcome. What have I done.. "I am so sorry." I sobbed. I remembered how he told me his parents had a life planned for him. He had admitted that when he told me that being an agent was his destiny. I just ruined that for him. "I'm so, so, so sorry."

     A gasp escaped my mouth when I watched as a raven- haired man in a sly, spy-like outfit walked through the glass over top of the broken glass. His light blue eyes were on me now. He stepped over the body as if it were trash. He walked my way and smiled, revealing his perfectly straight teeth. "Hello, y/n." He walked until he was standing only meters away.

I looked at him and scowled. "You did this didn't you?"

"I've never been much one for violence, now." He looked down at the body clicked his tongue as if he thought the job wasn't done properly. "But then again, I am an assassin."

I backed up when I heard that word escape his mouth. The way it rolled off his tongue it had to be the truth.

"Okay. So now that we know each other a little better, I'm gonna get you to follow me. "He turned to the side to allow me to pass him as if he thought I would willingly walk with him to the outside world.

"No." I furrowed my brows.

     He sighed and turned towards me, folding his arms. "Listen, we can either do this the easy way, or the hard way. I'm alright with any way. You don't need to make this any difficult than it has to be. You could come with me back to my headquarters to assist your health than ride off into the sunset with your boyfriend."

"My boyfriend?" I asked disturbingly. "No. I'm not going with you."

He pursed his lips and looked at me sadly. "I gave you a choice, darling." Suddenly he leaped forward and scooped me in his arms and threw me over his shoulder.

I watched from the back view as he turned around and left the building through the broken wall.

"PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled at the raven-haired man as he had me slung over his shoulder as if I were just a rag doll. I slammed my fists on his back but it didn't seem to bother him.

He carried me outside like it was no effort with one hand on the back of my leg and one on my back. "I tried the easy way." He said sounding annoyed.

"This is harassment!" I yelled. "HELP! Let me go!"

"You made your choice. Maybe we'll have a little bit of fun before we go there. I need a snack after my 6 assassinations this morning."

I didn't even want to think about what he meant by "a little bit of fun" or "I need a snack"