Chapter Fifteen : Rescue

I was shocked. Frozen. I had no idea what to do. What I could do...
Right now would be the perfect opportunity for Spiderman to come in and be the hero. Where was he?
The man behind me grasped my arms tighter. I looked over at my fellow classmates who were now looking at me, desperate for my next move.

I hit my head back hoping I'd just hit him hard in the nose. Nope. Not even close. I realized I'd just smashed my head back against his flat, bony chest.

His laughter echoed in my ear. I was clueless for my next move. There was nothing else I could think to do. Nothing else that could have been done.

"Everybody out to the courtyard!" The man shouted. "Or Y'all get shot." He held out his gun. The students quickly rose to their feet and slowly, with their eyes glued fearlessly to the man. They strode towards the door.

The man's footsteps echoed down the halls of the school while his one hand was gripped around my neck and the other on the gun, which was held against my head.

The man dragged me out last along with the rest of the students who were all walking towards the doors of to the courtyard while my hands were bound behind my back.

I suppressed the need to cry at that moment. If Peter didn't show up soon, I was gonna die. Everybody might. My legs were free from the man. Why wasn't I fighting back? I knew I had it in me, yet I was hesitant. Why?

I was getting in my head. Not having confidence in myself.

I was shoved to the cold, hard, cemented ground on my knees. I couldn't look up at the startled faces of the students. Luckily for me, it was only people from my class, not the whole school. That was a bonus... wasn't it? I didn't know what else I could do now. I was below him. Cowarding. I lost. I felt my hands trembling as I fiddled with the bottom of my neon sweater.

"Isn't there some other way we could deal with this?" I heard Mrs. Resmey say softly. I heard the man chuckle behind me.

"After what she's done? I can't let her away with such satisfaction." I glanced over to my side watching as tiny blood droplets seeped to the ground. I followed the trail of blood to find myself looking at the puncture in his arm I'd caused. He had still been holding it towards his chest.

I saw the man's head turn to me from the corner of my eye. I cowered as he raised his arm. He strucked the gun against the side of my head, hard. I fell to my side and grabbed onto the side of my head.

"Well, that wasn't very nice." Someone called from up high. I looked up to see nothing but a blurry dot. I balanced myself back on my knees and rubbed my eyes.

"Hey look!" Someone shouted. "It's Spiderman!" I could hardly see, but my eyes made out a blue and red shiny blur form on the top of the building.

"You're too late!" The man yelled as he held the gun to my head. Not even half a second later the sound of a gun, shot through the air. My ears rang but I didn't feel pain. Was I dead?

I opened my eyes to finally be looking through clear eyes. Peter had web shoted the guy to the school wall and was walking towards me. I slowly raised to my feet and subsided holding my aching head.

"Are you alright... Miss?" I could tell he was about to say my name.

"I'm fine." I said a little coldly. I noticed how different his suit looked. His old suit had blue and red, and looked like actual material of clothing.

This costume he had on before my eyes was very different. It showed the same colors with more black lines across the chest though. Made from metal that was most likely uncomfortable for him inside. This one looked like it had been hand-crafted by Tony Stark himself. Which it probably is. This was a major upgrade!

He must've seen my eyes scanning every detail of his new costume because he glanced down at himself and I could tell through his mask that he was probably smili.

I smiled lightly before it faded.

"Looks good Spiderboy." Someone yelled. His costume's eyes blinked as he did. The whites in the costume's eyes grew a white color as he stared down at me.

I didn't know what to do. At first I had felt myself boiling with anger. He was late. Now, I feel... Calm. Relaxed now that he was finally here. Why hadn't he been here sooner? Before the gun shot went off. Before the classroom fight... Before he hit me.

I glanced away from him, feeling the eyes of all the students on us. I took time to scan through everyone's faces. But they weren't staring at me. They were staring at Spiderman. The hero.

"Yay, Spiderman!" Someone amungst the students yelled. Peter turned towards the crowd and raised his hands taking in the praises of the audience.

Jealousy took over me. I felt a burning sensation in my chest and I felt my body fume with anger. I stabbed the man in the hand. I told the teacher to lock the door. Plus I sacrificed my life for the class. This was what I get? I didn't know what to feel. A mix of emotions spread throughout my body and I didn't like the feeling. I was gonna throw up.

I could feel my eyes tear up as I watched the class- I almost died for- worship the all-mighty Spiderman. I took that chance to speed walk across the yard to inside holding my face in my hands.

I turned back before I went through the door. He didn't even know I left... He was still in the center of the yard, enjoying the people slapping him in the back and high fiving him.

I bursted through the women's restroom. I went into a stall and bent down hugging the toilet until I was done. It was a frustrating feeling I'm feeling for Peter right now. though, could I be mad at him? after all, he was just doing his job. The students of the class were really the ones really should be mad at.

Hell, why does life have to screw everyone in it's path? At that moment I felt two things that I would've never thought of before this past week. Suicide. And hatred for Peter Parker.

PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING

-> like
-> follow
-> commemt

For more of Secrets of Our Own