Chapter Thirty Six: Already Gone

*y/n's POV*

It had been super awkward lately. 5 days I've been awake for and each day is the same as the rest since I woke. I was still in the exglavator box and sleeping in a hospital bed, which, frankly wasn't comfortable at all. Then I would be asked the same thing every day: "how are you feeling today y/n?" Or "on a scale of 1-10 how much pain are you in?"
"Zero." I would reply.

I sat on the edge of the bed looking ahead of me curiously at Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and the man with the eyepatch, who I still didn't know the name of. I was supposed to be meeting more people today, a possible way to bring back memories.

     I caught Tony glance at me then scratch his chin. Then they continued talking. Then Steve looked at me. When he saw me looking at him he gave a light smile. The one he uses to assure me that it's okay, as he usually does. Then he turned his attention back to the men. When the dark-skinned man looked at me and frowned, I knew automatically I was being talked about.
"So what happens to me if I cant remember my old life?" I asked the nurse beside me checking my blood pressure.

I looked up again at the man with the eyepatch and caught him staring back at me so my eyes shifted to the ground. Like a coward. Like someone who woke up in a strange place with strange people and is so fearful of what would happen if they didn't cooperate.

     "Well," she began. I looked up at her and noticed the drowsiness in her eyes and bags of groceries she could've carried under her eyes. I hadn't really noticed her until now. She was younger looking than an average nurse with brunette hair tied back in a messy bun on the crown of her head. "I'm not exactly sure, hun."

"What happened to me?" I asked. I've been waiting for the right time to ask this question but never found the chance.

"You had a disease-"
"The Aggarizer disease."
"Yes." She swallowed. "You got really sick then you were being exposed to impossible abilities-"
"These powers I have?"
"Mhm." She nodded. "It tore through your body. Meanwhile, your heart was being consumed by an unexplainable shadow."

She pursed her lips and walked over to a counter where doctors stuff layed

At first, I wondered if she had been instructed to not speak about this matter to me because she looked pressured. But she continued. "You flat-lined."

Silence filled the room after that but I figured I should say something to make it slightly less awkward.
"I died."

"Uh- yeah technically." She squirmed uncomfortably. I got a vibe that she's never had this kind of conversation before.

The door to the box opened abruptly and I couldn't help but jump startled from the sudden noise in the peaceful room.

All three men walked in with their heads raised high. Starting with Tony, then the dark-skinned man, followed by Steve. I raised my brow at them expecting important news but they immediately walked over to the doctor. My stomach turned at the fact that she might be getting in trouble for telling me something she shouldn't have.
"What's the latest doc?" Tony said quietly.

"She's stable." The lady said nervously. "It's a working process."

"Right." Tony clasped his hands together. "Which is why we're going to speed it up a bit."

*Peter's POV*

"So, Deven," Peter began as he leaned against an escape ladder to balance himself off his injured knee. "Let me get this straight. You're a German soldier spy guy..."