Chapter Thirteen: shot

"I-I" I was speechles. No! Clueless. May gave me a smile before moving to the seat beside me.

"Y/N... What's going on?" I looked down and focused on the designs of the tiles on the island. I couldn't look at her and lie. Didn't deserve that.

"These past few days've been hard on me May." I looked up at her with a sole expression. That wasn't a lie. These days have really taken a tole on me and I guess I haven't really taken consideration how I'm treating May and Peter through the process.

"With... My mom's death... Then I moved here." May frowned.

"You don't like it here?"

"Oh May I didn't mean it like that I promise. Your house is so loving and I adore you all... It's just different here from my home. But a good different."

May nodded like she understood. "You look tired."

I nodded. "I am."

"Well, me too." I turned to face her as she stood in front of me.

"You know darling," she began massaging my shoulders. "If you ever want to talk about it..." She reached in for a hug. "I'm here."

I smiled and hugged her back. Her reassurance was comforting. I really loved this family but I had to keep this secret hidden, which was only driving us further apart.

     I walked down the hall and to Peters room. He was laying on his stomach on the floor with the blow-up mattress May had set up for him. I assumed he was sleeping, so I tip-toed to the bed, only to have my ankle grabbed onto.

I stopped myself from falling, but laughed instead. He laughed too. I finished my travel to the bed and layed silently on my back. I layed still Thinking about everything. I let every thought flow freely through my brain as I became drowsy with need for sleep.

"Y/N?" I faintly hurd Peter say.

"Yeah?"

His throat cleared quietly. "You okay?"

I was silent for a few seconds then I turned to my side and looked at him. His head turned towards me and I could just make out the sparkle in his chocolate brown eyes.

"Yes." I told him. He silently continued to look at me.

"What were-" I swallowed. Maybe I shouldn't ask him... His eyes squinted slightly.

"Ask me." He said slightly pained that I stopped myself. I sighed.

"What were you and May talking about?"

His eyes scanned the roof above him as if he were reading something. "She wanted to know if you settled in alright. If you were okay with everything that's happened."

I nodded. I couldn't help but get lost in his eyes. He was so caring. Why was he sleeping on the floor? Now that I think of it... It bugged me.

"Peter why are you on the floor?" I decided to ask. He turned his head.

"I wanted to give you the bed tonight. Is that okay?"

I didn't answer. I wanted to feel his arms around me. I desired his comfort.

"Y/n?" He turned his body to me and rested his head on his arm.

"I'm just confused." I answered.

"It's no problem. Lot's of teenagers are confused at this age. It's just something you gotta dig deep and find out who you'd rather sleep with. Men, or women."

I smiled at him with a crooked brow.
"What?" I asked goofily. "I'm not lesbian!" I laughed throwing a pillow at him. He laughed.

"No, I'm not okay with that." I finally answered him. He looked up at me with a loving face before raising his hands over his head and kicked his feet until he was up in a crouching position. It looked like some sort of ninja move. Damn!

     He stepped over to the bed where I had scootched over and he layed beside me. As I moved over I lightly stroked my arm were the bullet wound was. It was just a light scratch now. Still painful though. How had it healed so fast? It shouldn't have. It only happened this morning. What the hell?

I cut my thoughts off when I looked into the eyes of my boyfriend. Peter. He looked back at me before cupping my cheek with his hand and swiftly leaned in brushing his lips against mine.

It was all so fast but we both knew we weren't ready for more. We both separated and smiled. I looked at him and saw the lust in his eyes. He smiled shyly and closed his eyes resting his forehead on mine.

"Good night y/n." He kissed my cheek. I turned onto my other side so my back was against his chest. His hand crept down to my stomach and rested there. I placed my hand on his and before I knew it, my eyes closed and all thoughts were lost.

......................................................................

I woke up in the warmth of Peters arms. The glare from the morning sun shawn through the window directly in my eye contact. I groaned as I rolled over from the same side I fell asleep on.

I looked at the sleeping Peter. He looked so peaceful I didn't want to disturb him. I watched as his nose would flare for each given breath. After a few minutes his eyes began to flutter open. His eyes met mine and a curve was spread across his lips as he blinked the morning blur away.

     "Morning." He mumbled. I smiled at him. He sat up in the bed and stretched. I sat up beside him and nuzzled my head into his neck giving him butterfly kisses. He cupped his hand around my neck. We sat there for what seemed forever until a loud knock was planted at the door.

"You kids up?" May called from the other side. I let go, afraid she would walk in.

"Yeah" Peter answered. He swung his feet over the edge of the bed and dismounted the mattress. I got up after him and walked over to my dresser that May had kindly placed in the corner of the room. I pulled out an outfit.

*your wearing the outfit up Top*

     I went into the washroom and put on the clothes and reached above the cabinet where I'd hidden the pills designated to subside the pain of the disease.

After the waffles May made us for breakfast, Peter and I walked together to school. We met Ned at the staircase to the school. After his parents divorced he lives with his father which lives outside of town so he takes the bus.

"Hey Ned." Peter and I said n sync, which made Ned smile and wave. He caught up to us.

We put our belongings from our lockers, into our back packs.

"I have stupid class with Mrs. Resmey. She's so rude!" I complained. Peter and Ned laughed.

"Its better than Mrs. Dunswell." Ned wined.

"Yeah but she has a reason to be cranky." I stated. "She's old! Mrs. Resmey's young."

After our endless battle of which teacher was meaner, we said our farewells to each other and Peter and I hugged. Then we headed our separate ways for class.

I took my usual seat in the middle row beside Michelle, who was looking at me with wonder. "You look dead." She said. I looked at her as I sat. 'You do too.' I almost said.

"I am." I said instead. Her brows furrowed but she didn't speak so I got out my stuff and looked anywhere but at the weird girl.

I got bored as class went on. I jumped out of my seat, as well as half the class did, because the door bursted open. Then a mad looking man stormed in holding a small but powerful looking gun. He raised it to over to the petrified teacher and shot.

PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING

-> like
-> follow
-> commemt

For more of Secrets of Our Own