Chapter Eight: Nurse Fritz

I glanced around the room at worried looking heroes.

Well, this was a great way to kick-off my new job.

Tony opened his mouth to speak but decided differently, pursing his lips. I looked at Peter who was frozen looking at me with worry. This is why I can't tell him...

*time skip*

Fabia brought us to Stark Tower. It was beautiful inside. It looked more like a hotel than a home. A big chandelier hung from 20ft above the lobby and I wondered what a mess that would be to clean up if it fell.

Nat took me to a room and sat me on a hospital bed in the corner. Why was there a hospital in here? I guess it would come to use after a day like today...

I sat on the bed and waited for the nurse to show. Minutes later of me fiddling with the cloak and managing with the pain, the nurse decided to appear.

     "Nurse Fritz!" She said putting her bag on a desk in the corner. Her hazel brown hair sat carelessly on her shoulders. Her nurse outfit covered her slim short body. Her expression was peachy but calm. She was very pretty and I couldn't help but smile welcomingly when she walked into the room.

"How are you feeling?" She went to the sink

"Pain," I said plainly. She turned on the water and sighed.

"Yes, I've hurd. You've been shot with an... Aggarizer? Was it?"
"A what?" She grabbed a stethoscope from the counter above her head and wandered over to me.

"An Aggarizer." She paused pressing the scope against my chest. "It's a poison that can- obviously be set in the bullet of a gun." She pushed my back for me to lean over.

"Very dangerous! They used it decades ago for animals. It would kill them slowly." My heart sank when she said that. She must've noticed too because she sat me back up. "And painfully..."

     "Rumour has it, the vicious men who discovered it ran out... But I guess they've found more... But its never been used on humans that I know of." She looked at me sadly. She walked over towards her desk and grabbed a pair of rubber doctor gloves.

"Is there a cure...?" I asked desperatley. She slowly shook her head sadly.

"What's gonna happen?" She walked over to me and sighed.

"How about I take a look at it before we jump to any conclusions." She pressed her thumb against the wound. I jumped wincing. She let go for a second before continuing to press her fingers inside the bullet wound.

I tried to hold still as much as possible but it was damn tricky! There was no movement and less pain for a moment.

"Its certainly dissolved." She walked back to her desk. And practically slammed her fist on the table, making me jump.

     There was a knock planted on the door. I quickly put my sleve down and lowered my hood. The door creaked open and Peter stepped in. He was in khaki jeans and a grey t-shirt. I smiled lowering my hood so I was sure he couldn't see my smile.

"Hey!" He smiled sincerely.
"Hi."
"Oh -I just uh... wanted to say thanks" I nod

"It's my jo-." I froze feeling a pain shoot across my chest. I bent over and yelped in pain. I felt the nurse come at my side and grab my arm. MY BAD ARM!  I yelped louder.

"Agh! Sorry!" She practically yelled in my ear. I watched as Peter practically flew across the room to be beside me.

"Is she gonna be alright?"
It became harder to breathe for a moment, but the pain slowly vanished. I sat up with wide eyes I knew she couldn't see.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" I screamed unintentionally.

"Mr. Parker she's gonna be alright. I need you to step outside please." She ignored my question.

"I'm alright!" I snapped. Fritz gave me a hesitant look before coming up beside me.

"What just happened?" I asked again.

"Sir, you need to leave." She said back to Peter.

"HE'S FINE!" I said frustrated. They both exchanged glares.

"Tell me. What. Just. Happened!?"

"That was the poison..." She sighed. "Its already starting to eat through your system..."