Chapter Five: The Team

[The picture is what Natasha gives you. You are wearing something casual now.]

I quickly threw on some clothes and dashed out the door of Peter's room.
"Peter I have to g-" I cut myself off when I noticed the empty room I had just entered. I glanced around the room startled for a moment. A piece of paper laid hanging off the edge of his desk. I walked over and googled the note:

Y/N I've been called to work. Be back soon

That's weird... I have to go... And he's already gone?

I didn't think too much about it. Sometimes he would have to cancel me coming over after school because his boss had called him into work. He was always busy working. It felt good to know I had a crush on such a hard working man. I ran down the stairs, running into May as she was trying to reach the ceiling fan with a duster.

"Oh sorry May!" She didn't reply but simply watched as I slid my shoes on.

"Going somewhere?" She flashed me a smile. I finished settling my shoes on and reached for the door.

"I got a call from my boss. Some people called in sick, so she needs extra help." I lied, clenching my jaw. I was never a good liar, and I hated lying, especially to someone like May who's been so kind to let me stay in her home.

She sighed and continued dusting but I managed to hear her mumble,

"Darn the flue season huh?"

"Yeah," I opened the door and was on my way. As promised on the phone, I was met by Nat in the alley. When she saw me come, she raised her wrist to her mouth and whispered something I couldn't make out into it.

Suddenly, a large, purple mist appeared in front of us. I looked towards Nat feeling slightly afraid. She motioned her head to go to it and when I shook my head with worried eyes, she laughed and gave me a shove.

My vision went black for a moment before I could see again. I was on a plane maybe. Benches sat at the sides of the plane and there were pilots at the front sitting on the cushioned seats. Yup definitely a plane.

A lady stood in front of me smiling cheerfully. The purple mist was coming from her fingers that were held in front of her curled, making her the clear source of the power. After Nat had embursted from the portal, she rested her hands down at her side and the portal faded.

"Fabia," she reached out a hand to shake mine. Her accent was thick almost like she was German. I greeted her with a hand.
"Y/N." Her face perked up even more now that she knew i was interested in talking to her.

"Welcome to the avengers!" She turned around and took a seat on the side bench.

"Today you'll be presenting yourself to the team." Nat said walking up from behind me

"Are you ready?" Am I ready? I thought. Hell no! I didn't even know if I had a choice in all of this. If I did... Than it would have to take me a while before I could answer the question: do you want to become an avenger? She stood in front of me now. Her expression was taken aback when my response was shaking my head.

She pursed her lips and looked at my sympathetically. "Is there anything... I can do?" She cleared her throat.

I thought about this for a moment. Was there something she could do? People have dreamt of meeting the avengers and I get to meet them just because I saw a vision? Just because I saved two peoples lives? What were the people at school gonna think if they saw me on T.V.? They would be jealous. They would bully. I thought about a scheme that would hide my face. Hannah Montana was the first thing that came to mind.

"Yes, actually." I quietly replied.

She gazed at me curiously and crossed her arms.

     "I need to hide my face." Her shoulders relaxed and she turned around reaching for a bag with the logo 'Black Widow' on it. She pulled out a long black cloak that did up at the stomach. I gasped and looked it with wonder. It was beautiful.

"I may need it for some missions though. I have a green one just like it. But I may need to use the black one." She laughed, watching my expression grow with excitement. I nodded my head with wide eyes. "Thank you!"

I took off my t-shirt and slid it over top of my tank top. It was a perfect fit. It made my curves stand out and I couldn't help but feel the rage of awesomeness.

"Im ready now." I said putting the hood over my head and letting my face drift into the shadowy darkness.

"You look beautiful!" Fabia called rising to her feet and taking the edges of the fabric into hand. She smiled widley.

Fabia waved her hands in a circle and did a twinkling thing with her fingers, revealing the purple, misty portal. My stomach swarmed with butterflies with each step I took towards the portal.

I stepped through the portal to appeared on the other side of a conference room coming face to face with the elite team of avengers. 

I gathered myself together and attempted to gracefully stride alongside Nat. We walked over to the side of the table and found our seats in big, leather chairs.

"Y/N!" Tony Stark smiled at the front. "How nice of you to finally decide to join us." Nat shot him a glare and he backed off quickly.

     "Y/N will be used aside the battlefield." He looked towards his audience. "Now, agent L/N has the ability to glimpse in the future. This will be a huge advantage against our enemies." He glanced in front of me at... Spiderman?
He had his suit on, along with his mask. Why did he have his mask on? Did he sleep in it? Who was this mysterious person hiding behind a spider mask? Does the avengers even know what he looks like? Questions floated around my head for a while before I hurd tony repeatingly say:

"Peter... Peter???" Suddenly the man became infuriated and waltzed over to spiderman and grabbed a hold of his mask pulling it off. Was that who I think it was? ...Peter Parker??!!