Chapter Thirty Five: Ropeman

The suit sprang out and moulded to his body. He walked to the window and slid it open quietly then jumped out.

He webbed across town in search of something abnormal that caused his senses to go viral.

He heard the screams of the pedestrians on the main street - the center of Queens.

     Peter made his way there as quickly as possible and looked down at the disruption.

There was a man with black hair- the same style of Peter's, but not as long at the top. He stood in the center of the road while the some people coward behind cars, others standing as far away from him as possible. The pedestrians had been standing far away from him, eyeing him immensely as if he were poisonous to be near. As vehicles drove down the road, they pulled over, curious to see what was happening.

But never mind the people, Peter focused on the man at the center of attention. Peter dropped himself down about 20 feet and stuck himself to an apartment wall building to get a view of him.

     The man wore an unzipped black leather jacket and light - brown leather pants with several pockets down the sides of it. It reminded Peter of Agent Romenov, how she had a natural look of a badass spy. Though, the jacket made quite the fashion statement.

Peter was shocked to see a rope in the man's hand. It was like a lasso that a cowboy would have, but it was a dark red colour.

"Look!" Someone from the ground pointed up to where Peter was now standing on a balcony, overlooking everything.

The man turned and looked straight at Peter as if he could sense that he was already there.

So much for a sneak attack.

Peter put his hands on the balcony's railing and looked down at the man for a few seconds, thinking of his next move. He jumped up and swung his feet over and flung himself across the street.

     Halfway through he glanced down at the man who lassoed his rope around his head and threw it up.

There was no way it'd be able to reach up to Peter's level, let alone aim straight at him while he's moving. But just as he was about to attach himself to another wall, the next thing he knew, he'd felt something wrap around his ankle.

It all happened in one quick second. Peter looked down at the man who had a hold of the rope, staring up at Peter. Peter was just inches from the wall but the rope yanked his leg down, causing Peter to lose his balance and stability. Because of this, he tumbled down to the ground.

Peter was going to attempt to shoot out a web as he passed each balcony but it all happened so fast he hadn't even had a chance to think.

     Peter fell onto the hard, cemented road landing on his right knee and taking a tumble, rolling a few times before he came to a stop and groaned. He layed for a second and let a small groan escape his mouth.

Vodka threatened to leave his stomach that he'd consumed earlier.

"Tired already, Spiderboy?" The man laughed. Peter heard footsteps approach him and he saw the man's head hover over him.

"Just getting warmed up" Peter grinted his teeth from the throbbing pain in his knee.

     "I've been looking forward to meeting you." He smiled with straight white teeth. He wasn't the bad guy looking type. He was a fair-haired man with thick black lashes and dark blue eyes. A few freckles crawled across his nose. He'd been clean shaved, giving his appearance more of a baby- like face.

Peter sat back with his elbows and sat up.

The man raised his hands defensively. "I just want to talk, kid." His rope had now been attached to his belt. It was a lot shorter looking than it had to have been to reach him so high.