Chapter Twenty Seven: Gotten Worse

*Peter's POV*

Where's he this time?" Peter overheard flash say on Peter's com in his suit. Peter had given Ned a device that allows them to speak to each other, kind of like a walkie talkie but smaller and more techy. Not to mention, Peter found a hacking button on his suit so he tends to eavesdrop on Neds' conversations.

"Not sure..." Neds voice said. "Probably had a dentist appointment or something."
"You said that like, last week!"
"Maybe it's a check up? I mean maybe he knocked his teeth out or-or"

Peter decided to take initiative and call him so it'd shut him up.

"Oh, just a sec." Then Ned spoke quietly into the com.

"Peter?" Where are you?"
"You need to keep better track of your lies." Peter laughed.
"Yeah." Ned laughed. "Well its kinda hard when your off kicking ass all the time. Anyways, where are you?"

"I uh... I think I'm gonna take the day off."

"What? Why? What happened? Is everything okay?"

"Oh, just peachy." He said flatly. "Oh wait, remember y/n? Yeah, My girlfriend? She's kinda dead."

"She's WHAT!" He said really loud.

"Uh," Peter cleared his dry throat. "Yeah, she had a virus running through her veins that she didn't tell me about. Joined the avengers, also didnt tell me about. Dedicated her life just for the stupid..." He started to choke back sobs but not the coughing-like ones, just gasps for air, trying to hold back.

"Oh, Pete."
"Yeah so- taking the day off." He took a breath.
"Of course..."

Peter kept himself on the line, he figured by the way the tension on the phone was, Ned was gonna make a final comment. "So where are you then?"

"I'm in New York for the internship?"
"Oh, yeah. Hmh gotcha..... Hey Pete?"
"Yeah." Peter felt tears forming.
"I hope your alright. Everything's gonna be alright."

Peter nodded for a while and felt himself gasp for air again. "Thanks N-Ned." And that's when he hung up. The water works reserved his eyes now.

He layed sprawled out on his mattress distraught and tired. He couldn't believe what'd happened today. He'd been so prepared to tell y/n he knew about her identity. Technically he still did!

But... She was dead- at least that's what she appeared to be at the moment. And he didn't even get a response from her before he turned and left for the mission. He shouldnt've left.

Peter let out a long depressing sigh before standing up and walking to his door. He wandered outside his room and lingered down the hallway, occasionally taking glances of the pictures of his family on the way.

"Hey, Aunt May!" Peter called out for her as he rounded the corner into the kitchen. "May?!" He called out again.

When he didn't get an answer, he walked sluggishly over to the island where a piece of red craft paper sat on a cutting board.

Y/n and Peter,
Going out to get groceries! Brb! ;)

The day has officially got worse for Peter. He didn't know what to do. He needed to talk to someone. Ned was at school and he was the only person who knew his identity in his world.

He dug around cupboards in search for satisfying food. Instead, his eyes layed on Aunt Mays' alcohol shelf and no matter how hard he attempted to lift his gaze from it, he just couldn't. Beer is disgusting anyway! He thought. But something about it. Whiskey was used to get people on the good side of things, wasn't it? He needed something to take him off, too. Not over, but just on the edge.

His hand skinned across each bottle until it landed on Uncle Bens favorite piece. He picked it up and scanned it. Honestly, it didn't look poisonous to him.

Burbin. Strawberry flavored. He shrugged to himself and grabbed the bottle, popping off the lid and taking a swig.

"Egh!" He scrunched his face and put the lid back on top. Now he knew why Ben liked this jug.

He dug around the cupboards now. Becoming more eager with each door he opened. Finally he found Baileys. Now this was the good stuff. He grabbed a bottle opener for this tougher lid and popped it off. He basically chugged a few big gulps back down his throat. He glanced back at the other bottles and grabbed another one and headed for his room.

A few more larger gulps down the hatch definitely satisfied him. Yet, it satisfied him so much that he layed back after half the bottle was finished and pondered. About y/n to be exact. The more he thought though, another chug was demolished. Suddenly his head felt woozey. It came on so fast. But it was a good woozy. He felt good when he closed his eyes. He felt free of pain. He began to let his conscious take over and drift him off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

So I read this chapter over a few times and still... I wasn't sure how to make it longer without making it more boring for ya'll. Anyways, please don't forget to vote!