Chapter Twenty Six: It'll work out

*Peter*

Peter Yelp frantically at the empty space in front of him where Y/N had just been. She just vanished?

"Fabia!" Peter shouted to the sky as if he were expecting an answer.

He was slightly relieved when he watched as a purple mist formed in front of him.

He avoided the world of war around him and stepped through to the Stark Tower. His head jerked to the sound of the steel doors and he watched as men and women in white outfits with red crosses on their backs were marching out. He began walking in that direction but suddenly a lean figure came in front of him.

"Where you going kid?" Tony asked.

"Where's y/n?"

"She overdid herself... As instructed not to," he rolled his eyes. "She's perfectly stable though. Just a faint."

"Can I see her?"

"No?" He scowled. "You have a mission to attend to she will be okay."

"But mr. Stark I really think that I sh-"

"No kid let's go." He hustled Peter back to the portal
"Mr. Stark she needs someone to-"

"Nope. Go." He gave Peter a shove and like that he stood face-to-face with Nat Thor and Clint back through the portal.

*Stark*

"Tony Stark?" Called a dark-haired, short lady looking through the slightly opened steel doors.
"Can I help you?" Tony asked.

"I have your updated results for y/n" She clutched her clipboard tightly to her chest.

Tony looked at Fury who waved his hand dismissively. Tony walk to the door and stepped outside along with the lady.

"Progress?" Tony asked hopefully.

"Not exactly." She bit the inside of her cheek nervously. "She's in a fatal kind of coma. She may not last..." She sighed. "So I was thinking, maybe we could put her in the exglavator box. Her organs will fail if not treated efficiently. If we were to leave her in-"

"You want to stop her heart?" Tony looked away and scratched his chin.

"Precisely. As long as she's in the box, her organs will function properly but... They will deteriorate over a long period of time."

"How long?"

"There's no estimate." Her eyes graced eyes of the people around them and she lowered her voice to a hush. "This Aggarizer disease is eating her insides out. It's really taking a toll on her, Stark. This method is more efficient."

Tony couldn't seem to find a way to look at the doctor or form the words in his mouth. All he could do was gaze around, trying to avoid what was unfolding in front of him.

Dr. Fritz he'd recognized her name tag.

"Keep her in the Box." Tony finally met her gaze and concluded.

"I.V. her and shut her heart down. I'm going to call the Technology Science Center and tell them to speed up the process or I won't sponsor them anymore. Keep contact on her organs every half an hour at most." He threw his hands up frustrated by this. "Just... Make sure everything possible is done."