Chapter Thirty Two: Strange Place

*Y/n's POV*

I didn't know what to do. Half of me felt like falling from the pain in my chest and the other half wanted to fight back against the strangers.

A man stood on the other side of the glass wall, staring in at me. He appeared to be the head-man in spite of his choice of appearance. I was intimidated just looking at him looking back at me.

I had no idea where I was, and it scared the shit outta me.

Suddenly an invisible blast came from my hands, aimed at the nurse. I jumped from the sudden feeling. She was blown back and her back hit the wall, meanwhile, a few papers flew around.

I covered my mouth. "Holy shit. I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-" my voice was really messed up. So scruffy as if I hadn't spoken for days.

I looked around. This isn't exactly how I wanted things to go. Great. They're probably going to knock me out again so they can run more tests on... Whatever these powers are.

"Y/n?" Somebody said my name softly behind me.

I turned around quickly. Another invisible blast was shot from my hands. A tall, blonde, super muscular man I didn't see in the room before, jumped to the side.

I folded my arms and looked around the room frantically.

"Y/n," the man stood up from on his knees quickly. "It's- it's okay. We're not gonna hurt you. It's Steve. Remember?"

"No." My eyes widened. "No. I've never seen you before. Where am I?"

I watched the man on the other side of the wall and the blonde guy exchange glances.

"What's going on in here?" The doors on the other side of this glass wall were pushed open loudly and a dark-skinned man with an eyepatch entered. Then he eyed me. "She's awake." He said as if it weren't obvious.

I backed into the corner. I was cornered between the muscular blonde man, and the- probably- useless nurses.

"Fritz, what's the problem?" The dark-skinned man asked.

"It seems as though she has amnesia."

"I have no idea-" I began but was interrupted.

"What's the procedure?" He asked.

"Shake her 'till she remembers." The head-man walked through the doors to this room and said. Dr. Fritz and a dark-skinned man followed.

"Tony." The dark-skinned man said sternly.

"What?" Tony said defensively. "My old man would've done the same thing."

Dr. Fritz rolled her eyes then shook her head. "We rarely have these situations."

"What do you plan on doing with m-"

"A form of therapy?" He offered.

"Excuse me?!" I said louder so they wouldn't ignore me.

"It's," Tony rubbed his forehead with his index finger and thumb, looking quite stressed and frustrated. "It's a shot to get you to remember things."

"Remember things?" I spat. "I remember! You guys probably kidnapped me. Probably running tests on me for whatever this is... happening to me."

I didn't realize how childish what I said was until it rolled off my tongue.

"Where do you live, y/n?" Tony said cockily.

"I-" I frowned. "I don't- why would I tell you anyway."

"Mothers name?"

"(Mothers name)." Do they think I'm dense? "But... I can't remember what her face... looks like."

"That's because she's dead." He said.

"She's dead?!" My eyes widened.

"Boyfriend?"

"I have a boyfriend?" My brows raised.

"Amnesia." The dark-skinned man confirmed.

I turned to the blond who'd been looking at me with a sad expression.
"Y/n," he turned his body so he was looking solely at me. "What's the last thing you remember?"

I shook my head and sighed. "I-" I thought really hard about it. When I went to open my eyes to reply I wasn't in the same place.

I was in a building. A fair-sized one, with brown wallpaper, making the room darker than it really was with 4 square windows on either side of the room. I observed my surroundings. There was no sign of life which made me feel slightly lonely and scared.

When I went to take a step, it was as if I fell off a cliff. All light from above faded into darkness. I tumbled down the black space for countless seconds before I finally hit the ground. Landing on my back.

I clutched my chest. Gasping for air. I opened my eyes and I found myself back in the hospital room. But the pain in my chest was still there.

I had buried myself in the corner on my knees and placed either hand on each side of the wall for a way of balance.

Nurses tried to aid me and I saw the blonde man jog up to help but I couldn't. There were too many strangers. So many unfamiliar faces in a crowd I'd got lost in.

I struck out with both of my hands and watched as everybody who had been in front of me, fly backwards. Some nurses were blown backwards on machines and others had fallen on their backs or tripped over one another.

The blonde man didn't. He did a badass backwards roll and landed on his feet. He got up in a crouching stance with his hands raised defensively. "Y/n. I promise we're not going to hurt you."

Tony the dark-skinned man and the Dr. Were far enough that all they did was turn around and huddled together blocking the blast. When it stopped, they turned back to me with fearful eyes.

"You better not be my boyfriend," I said to the blonde man.

"No? I'm like four times your age." He let a slight chuckle escape.

Wait wut? He's way too good looking.

"Good...good." I looked around at all the scared people, peeking out at me like I was gonna explode again. They definitely weren't fit for these kinds of situations.

I raised my hands as if the police had caught me. "I-I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"It better not." The dark-skinned man said standing taller.

Tony tapped what seemed to be a device on the side of his ear and spoke to it quietly. He turned around and left the room, which I was somewhat relieved by.

I walked forward with my hands still raised and sat on the bed. "Please don't hurt me."