Chapter Twenty: Futera it is

*Y/N's POV*

"You need more rest. Have you been sleep deprived?" The nurse asked as I stood and tied the cloak back up.

"I wouldn't say so, why?" I looked up at her.

"Well, it's just that you look exhausted."

I tilted my head at her. "You have no idea what I've been through these last couple days," I said harsher than I intended to.

She swallowed. "No. Sorry. I couldn't even begin to imagine what you've been through."

"Have you found a cure?"

Her eyes dodged mine and I already knew the answer.

I could feel tears form from my eyes. The burning sensation, spreading throughout my nose. My time was limited. I didn't know how it was gonna come. I could just drop dead. I could bleed out. It could be anything, anywhere, any time.

The feeling of hopelessness didn't take long to spread out my entire body, making me weep between breaths a few times.

"We're trying! I promise you!" Her words rang through my ears.

Just face it, y/n... There was no cure. This was an unstoppable disease. I turned my head towards the window.

"Is there any other symptoms?"

A lump formed in my throat and I immediately knew the truth had to be revealed.

"Uh, yes actually." My eyes scanned hers.

I told her my part of the story, what I was able to remember, anyway. She was really chill about it. Halfway through my story, she took a seat beside me on the hospital bed and kept eye contact.

When I was finished, she nodded. "This is unexplainable." She plainly said.

She told me that she needed to run some tests on me, and she proceeded. We stayed in the room the entire time, but she brought in some high-tech equipment.

Once our meeting was finished and she packed up the equipment and sat in front of me.

"Is there something your not telling me?" I found her question quite offensive. As if I was purposely hiding something from her knowledge.

"No."

"Well... There's something that's not right, with the disease..." She paused and denied eye contact. "It's affecting your system much different then it supposed to be." She sighed and paused for many seconds as if she wasn't gonna finish her sentence. "A dark shadow... is unexplainably is consuming your body."

"So, I'm not dying?" I proclaimed with hope.

"Well..." Was all she had to say for me to predict the future. (No pun intended)

"What will this darkness do?"

"I'm not sure. I can't figure out why you would have other capabilities... " She shook her head sadly. "I'm so sorry, y/n."

I nodded. "Okay," I said rising. "Will the darkness fade?..." I rested my hood over my head, squinting as my eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness in my surroundings.