Chapter Eighteen: The Fight

A little girl was cornered by a man, that seemed odly familiar.

"Hey, wassup?" Peter said stepping in between the man and the girl. Does he always have to make a stupid entrance?

"Ya'know," he began as he shot a web at the man's fist, which happens to miss Peter's face from his incoming punch.

Suddenly I finally caught a glimpse of the man's face. It was the same man who'd assaulted me twice!

I could start to feel my head become dizzy. Is this deja vu, or was this the Aggarizer disease. I couldn't figure it out, but it wasn't giving me a pleasing feeling.

"It's not nice to pick on young girls. Especially when you're three times their age." Peter shot a web, tightly around the man's body. I watched the little brown haired, short girl run off down the alley, not even bothering to look back.
As the man slowly collapsed on his knees on the pavement, Peter must've finally caught a glimpse of the his face because he all of a sudden he pulled his webs. "Hey! What the-" he started before slamming himself into the wall, due to him not paying attention to where he was going. He instantly regained his composure.

"It was all worth it." The man growled. My knees shook in his presence.

I could see Spiderman's gaze shift from the crooked man, to me because that's where his eyes were.

Suddenly my legs went numb, and I grabbed onto a nearby fire escape to stable myself.

"Whatever you are doing..." My breath hitched. I could feel my breathing grow faster and faster with every second. "STOP!" I ordered. I quickly stood up for half a second to adjust the hood, before my knees became weak again.

The man let out a sly chuckle. "Oh, but dear, you've brought this on yourself."

I looked up at the man, who was wearing an evil smile, making every part of my body crumble up as I felt my knees hit the cold pavement.

I couldn't process anything at the moment, but every so often, thoughts would flow through my head. What was he doing to me? Did he know me? Did I know him?
But most importantly, what the hell is going on?!?

"So weak. So pathetic. So... Human." His voice rang through my head over and over and over again, until I had the strength and courage to stand up and walk storm furiously up to him.

I walked by Peter in the process, who wasn't moving. Why? Because he was satisfied of what I had in mind for this crook? Because he was confused how we knew each other? Probably both.

I stood in front of him, looking directly into his green, large pupil eyes.

"I don't know who you are, or what your problem is, but piss. Off!" I growled, making my face go as close as it could to his an attempt to make him scared.

He smiled. "I don't have any problems dear, you do. You better hope that, that fine bod of yours, can keep up with your disease. Because it will. Eat. It. Alive."

That was the last straw. I let my emotions get the best of me. I suddenly felt the burst of rage boil within m.

I set my hands on the man's cheeks and screamed. I didn't know what happened next because I'd closed my eyes, but I felt a sudden cool sensation in my palms and I could smell something burning. It resembled Aunt May's cooking.

When I finally opened my eyes, I was terrified of the view in front of me. The man, on his knees... I could tell he was in pain. I mean, I'd be too from what I'd just done to him.

His cheeks were burnt... bleeding and blistering immensely with black marks all around a clear hand mark around his upper cheekbones.

I took that moment to look down at my hands, which didn't change in the slightest.

I looked down at the man and covered my mouth. What had I just done? This man was a criminal and did some bad things, but he doesn't deserve such agony and suffering.

I turned around to Spiderman. Peter. I didn't know what emotion he was feeling at this moment, because his mask was on. Thinking of this, I lowered my hood just in case it'd slipped.

I turned back over to the man, who looked in agony... But he was... laughing?...

"It's only started." Why does he keep saying that?!

"What. Do. You. Mean." I raised my head to grip his throat but decided differently. I couldn't let him die. That'd risk me knowing my true identity and what I'm capable of. Because clearly I can do mote than just tell time.

If I touched him, it was extremely possible for the same thing to happen but to his throat... And that'd kill him for sure.

He chuckled. "Your prophecy has just arrived, sweetheart."

"This doesn't make sense. Who are you?!" I scowled at the old man.

"You only wish you could know."

Just then, the sounds of sirens from just blocks away sounded off.

I looked back at Peter who was standing directly behind me. He reached out for my waist and grabbed me, pulling me against his body.

The next thing I knew, we were flying up on top of a roof. I immediately pulled away from him when my feet hit the cemented rooftop. I grabbed my arms and held my arms close to my body as the cool summer wind blew on us.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked smoothly.

I was surprised by his question. I would've thought he'd be all questions and wouldn't take my feelings and my sudden outburst into consideration.

"Not really," I replied.

There was silence amongst us for a long time and all I could do was stare at the ground. Like I could pierce a hole in it.

"Can we leave?" I asked feeling uncomfortable with the situation.

"Uh, yeah sure," he scratched the back of his neck like he usually does in awkward moments. I found it adorable. "We should probably tell Mr. Stark."

"No!" I snapped jerking my head towards him. "He can't know."

His head turned towards me. "Why not?"

"He just can't, okay!?" I said harsher than I meant. "Fabia, please send a portal!"

I was determined to get out of here as fast as I possibly could. I couldn't stand here in front of Peter like this. Look like a mess. Act like a mess. And be in a mess.

Seconds later, the same purple portal appeared in front of us. I didn't care whether Peter was coming or not I just walked right through.

When I reached the other side, I was standing in the hospital room where I'd once been. I could hear Peters footsteps coming out from behind me.

"Ah yes, y/-" Dr. Fritz came into the room and looked from Peter to me. "Peter, you should leave." She said sternly.

I turned around to face him. He quickly grasped his mask and pulled it off. His hair was in a heaping curly mess, but not for long, when his hand swooped down and saved the day. Brushing through it and set it down to the right position. "Shouldn't I stay?" He asked during the process.

"I mean, I witnessed the entire thing! Futera, do you remember exactly what happened?"

It didn't take me long to answer with a simple "no." Because I really didn't know what went down.

Peter looked towards the nurse with a brow raised.

"But-" I cut off their glare and his cockiness. He turned to me with big eyes.

"I didn't say I wanted you here."

Peter's brows creased. "Uh... Oh. Okay. I'll leave."

As Peter exited, I saw him glance back at me with nothing but sorrow, that made my heart sink.

The door closed slightly and I was left in the room with the nurse.