Chapter Seven: Poision

"GET THE OUT OF THERE!" I yelled, opening my eyes and finding myself back on the plane. My eyes were filled with tears, and thankfully I had my hood on to hide it.

Tony tapped the button on his ear and said words that I could just barely make out,
"Carry on the plan." He growled.

"What!?" I said loudly standing now. His brows raised. I immediately felt embarrassed, to be labeled 'the quiet one' to 'the loud one'.

"Are you denying orders?" He answered with a question.

"You wanted my help so that your men could stay safe. Did you not?" I did the same.

He considered this for a moment before Thor cut in. "Perhaps the maiden is right?" Tony glared at him.

"I've seen it... There's no way out..." I said softly. His face softened. I didn't know how much longer they had. Jeez, they could already be dead!

"Tony!" Clint stood now raising his voice.

Tony sighed then tapped on his earpiece. "Abort mission. Immediately!"

     Fabia quickly stood and recreated a mist of purple. Nat, Steve and Peter ran inside before the sound of gunshots fired away. A bullet was able to make it through the portal and hit Clint in the neck. He gasped and slithered to the floor grabbing his neck.

I gasped, watching the blood seep through his uniform. I felt my stomach turn. I found myself back to 10 seconds earlier. Fabia had just been forming the portal and the three Avengers haven't made it back yet.

Was that a vision? I don't even know what's real and what's fake anymore... As the Avengers poured through, I worriedly turned my head towards Clint.

He looked up at me with wide eyes, full of concern and seriousness before I did the one thing I didn't expect myself to do. I ran to him and jumped in front of him.

I threw my arm over his neck then I stood there for half a second, watching the portal close out of the corner of my eyes. Everybody had made it through safely.
I felt a huge pain shoot through my arm. I winced in pain and stepped away as I watched the avengers set their weapons aside.
I went over to my seat and decided to sit on the ground and rest my back against the bench, leaning my head back slightly. I couldn't seem to move my arm and my body felt tired.

I noticed across the jet in front of me Clint's eyes were on me with a mixed expression between confusion and worry. Then his eyes trailed down to my arm where the blood must've been being exposed through the cloak

The more I thought about the pain, the more I felt it so I thought about something else. Like how I saved Peter's life. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. I was in agony. I couldn't make any noise. I didn't want to. I didn't want to be the center of attention at a time like this.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING TONY?!" Nat yelled at Tony. He scowled at her.

She sighed and walked off towards me. She frowned when she saw me on the ground. She knelt.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" She whispered. I grinted my teeth. I could feel myself shaking from the pain. I grabbed the sleeve and raised it up slowly. Blood was running down my arm from the hole the bullet had caused.

Gross! I thought to myself when I turned my head to look at it. I cried in pain when she stroked her thumb against it, now sensitive skin.

"Clint! Take it out of her! If its what I think it is, then she'll need immediate attention!" She stood up and stomped up to Tony who had been sitting with a hologram in front of him.

"Are you happy?" She said in a calmer tone than she had earlier. He swiped his hand and the image disappeared. He stood and looked at her with disgust.

"It's not exactly my fault she ran into the bullet!" He said pointing a finger at her. She shoved it out of the way.

He raised his fist and got ready to punch, but stopped himself, probably realizing who he was up against.

"DO IT!" She shouted. "Remember who I am. And remember who your not!" My attention was taken away when Clint grabbed a set of tweezers from got knows where and slowly began sliding them into the bullet hole, kneeling in front of me. I gasped and squirmed.

"Thank you," Clint said quietly, looking up from my arm. I nodded squinting my eyes closed.

"It's my job... Mph!" I lowered my head. I could hear the faint sound of my teeth chomping against eachother, from how hard I'd been grinding my teeth.

"It would have been a totally different scenario if you were on that mission!" Nat snapped.

"We would have retrieved what we were there for if I was on that mission!" He countered.

Nat snickered. "Yea, right!"

I looked back at Clint who looked stressed.

"I can't find it!" Clint skipped  the tweezers across the ground frustrated.

"Its already dissolved?" Nat whipped around with wide eyes.

She walked up to us and knelt beside Clint, grabbing the tweezers and beginning to poke around.

Ouch! Jeez! I can still feel, ya'know!!!  I tipped my head back slightly. I felt my hood slide back from the top of my head. Oh shit! 

Before it managed to fall back it was caught and readjusted. I looked up at Clint.

"Thanks." I half smiled - half groaned from the pain. Nats breathing became heavier until finally she gave up. She sighed, before rising to her feet.

"Way to go Tony... Thanks to you..." She paused. "She's been poisoned."