Your Venom - Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"Hey, how are you?" she asks.

"I'm good thanks" I reply.

"I've brought the dress. You look like you've lost weight from the last fitting so I though it might need some alterations"  she says and I sigh, feeling really upset to be hearing I've lost even more weight.

"More? I'm skin and bone already!" I cry.

"It's Ok, not much more, I promise" she says.

"But enough to have more alterations?" I ask, sadden and angry.

"I'm afraid so" she replies, biting her lower lip as she sees my disappointed face.

"Let's get this fitting done, then" I sigh.

 Meadow has to support my weight as I hang on to her, having to let her dress me as I feel so weak and drained. When it's on me, my eyes sting again, looking at my reflection as the dress hangs off me. "Maybe more alterations than you thought, right?" I ask and she smiles sympathetically.

"I guess so" she says, tugging and pulling at the dress, trying to get it to fit perfectly.

  I'm nothing more than a bag of bones. I sigh at my reflection, not believing I lost so much weight. "How can it even be possible? Surely you can't lose so much weight through not eating for just a week?!" I ask, staring at myself in the mirror.

"Don't forget this isn't normal. This transformation is like a disease, it's eating away at all the fat in your body, making you weaker" she tells me.

"When I turn will I still be this weight?" I ask and she nods.

"Only until you start drinking blood. That's the diet your body will approve of" she adds quickly, seeing my shocked, disappointed face. "That should do it" she murmurs, helping me out of the dress, into some PJ's and carrying me to the bed. While I get some sleep, she starts the work on my dress.

* * * * *

  "You look lovely" I say as Meadow steps out of my en suite in her own dress.

"Thanks" she says, giving me a twirl and laughing playfully. She has her blonde hair curled and hanging loose, her beautiful face requires no make up and her eyes are shinning with excitement. She's wearing a sky blue dress that hangs loosely off her figure, but not drowning her like mine seems to do.

  Meadow steps over to do the rest of my hair, straightening it for me since I don't have the energy. She gets my longest layer and ties the rest up, doing it a layer at a time. "Seth'll be happy to see you. I bumped into him earlier and he wasn't in the best of moods" she says and I smile, excited to see him too.

"Really?" I ask and she nods, smiling at my excited expression.

"How are you feeling about tonight? Nerves gone yet?" she asks and I fight the urge to shake my head, feeling her straighten a bit of my hair.

"Nope, if anything they've gotten worse" I admit and she rolls her eyes.

"You have nothing to worry about apart from actually making it through the night, you look so tired" she says.

"How long is it until it starts?" I ask.

"Half an hour. They're keeping it earlier and performing the bite earlier, too, so that it'll be easier for you" she tells me.

"That's nice of you all" I say.

"S'ok. I guess we all want you to get through the night" she says, finishing the layer of hair she's doing and letting some more down.

"How's everyone reacting to me? Red said they were eager but I'm not convinced. Aren't they angry with me?"

"Angry? Why would they be that?"