Christmas Prompt ~ 2019

You were trying to focus on helping Derek. He'd asked for more help but you were the only one that was free, with the holidays going on. You wanted to prove you could be just as helpful, but it wasn't going as well as you'd hopped.

"I think I've got more clues." You muttered as you made a note of them. Derek looked over your note and nodded. Peter, who had been less than helpful, was staring at the two of you looking over the papers and books.

"One has to wonder why there's nothing better to do than be here with a grumpy old werewolf rather than stay home to celebrate the holidays." Peter mused as if he wasn't making a pointed comment at the pair of you.

"One has to wonder why the grumpy werewolf wants to spend time with us." You said to Derek. He smiled, knowing Peter had been referring to him but you'd turned it on Peter who signed grabbed his jacket.

Thinking you'd got him to live you smiled back before turning to Peter. "Well, I suppose I'll leave... Oh!" he said suddenly and looked up above your heads. You and derek Glanced up to see mistletoe hanging from the light. "Is that mistletoe hanging from the light?"

He left the two of you feeling awkward, stood side by side.