No, no, no

"Are you going to continue to stand in the doorway?" Peter said with his eyes closed. He'd been reading a book Derek asked him to find. Derek had left for some sort of McCall drama.

Finding his eyes falling shut Peter decided to take a moment to close them and lean back on Derek's sofa. When he woke from shortly dozing off he became aware of someone lurking by the door. When you finally opened the door Peter realised it was you. He smiled to himself as his voice broke the silence and startled you.

"No." You said quietly. Peter remained with his eyes closed. If you weren't here to bother him then he had no need to open his eyes or even sit up.

"No? So why're you here?" He asked.

"We found out that this weird guy is involved with the big monster things and I said that I would talk to them and I was wondering..."

"If I would do it instead?" Peter opened his eyes and looked at you. He watched your eyes go wide and you shook your head.

"No, no. no. it's just that, I know that you like torturing people and i am totally up for that." You answered quickly. Peter smiled and sat up as you cleared your throat and added. "I tried earlier but... they're pretty big. We also don't know who is attacking people so I just figured it would be safer if I had some help."

"So you wanted someone to keep you safe?" He sounded as if he was taunting you a little.

"Yes. My instincts told me that it was safer to have someone come with me to avoid being attacked by a mysterious monster." You said and frowned at him. He smiled and relented. You waited for him to stand up, fetch his jacket and head to the door with his keys in hand.

"Shall we get going then?" Peter asked. You let out a relieved sigh and hurried out of Derek's home to follow him down to the car park.