Soft Spot - December 2021

You knocked on the door and headed right in, not waiting for an answer. You had dragged a massive bag of gifts all the way up to Derek's apartment and your arms were starting to ache. Derek had promised that he would get a tree for Isaa, Boyd and Erica. Which, judging by the sticky note that said put tree here, Derek was out picking up at the moment.

You glanced around and spotted Peter asleep on Derek's sofa, his feet propped up on the coffee table. Deciding to leave him for the time being, you carefully unpacked the gifts you were dropping off at Derek's and left them in a pile next to the tree sticky note. As you finished you realised Peter had woken up and was watching you.

"Good evening." You said cheerfully. Peter sighed as he turned away and closed his eyes again. "Merry Christmas, you filthy animal." You said with equal enthusiasm. Peter sighed and opened his eyes again, seeing you grinning gleefully while holding out a gift for him.

"Thank you... there's one for you over there." Peter said casually as he took your gift and set it down next to him. You looked over at a small pile of gifts in neatly wrapped paper at the back of the room.

"You got me a gift." You said as you went to inspect the pile. You quickly realised that they were all for you. "You got me so many gifts! I guess Stiles was right, you really do like me!"

"I... don't dislike you. You're less annoying than the others." Peter said quietly. You laughed a little and looked over your shoulder to the door as Derek hurried into the room. He had a large tree slung over his shoulder and Isaac was at the other end. You weren't sure if the tree didn't want anything as far as he was concerned. Or if he was just pretending to help carry the tree, but he looked a little bored.

"Did he give you all the gifts yet?" Derek asked with a taunting grin.

"Oh, yeah he did. I left yours for you over there." You said sweetly. Derek nodded and glanced at Peter who was frowning at him.

"You know for someone who claims to not like anybody whose human he spends a lot of money to get you those gifts." Derek teased. Peter got up and shooed you out of the apartment and wished you well on your way to drop off the rest of your gifts. He slammed the door and you could hear him on the other side bickering with Derek.