Chapter 35

I woke up by 4:30am to my alarm, it was the morning of the event at their office, I snoozed it and tried to go back to bed, but somehow right now at 6:45am I still haven't slept.

I just kept turning and tossing on the bed.

I said my morning prayers, then had my bath, had breakfast and I left some of the pancakes I made for Cory.

I studied my bible for a while till 8:30am when I went to check up on Cory, I knocked on his door and no response so I twisted open the door and walked in quietly and right before me was peaceful looking Cory.

I was leaving when he said "how long were you here"
"Not long" I said and he looked at me weirdly

"Fine, long enough to watch you change three positions" I said and he shook his head.

"Get ready, breakfast is set and my series is starting soon" I said as I walked out of his room.

In about 15 minutes Cory came out of his room with a white shirt that says My Heart and a pair of orange shorts, he had breakfast and then joined me in the room for the series.

"You're one episode late" I said and he smiled
"I'll catch up no worries" he said
The next 1 hour 30minutes was quiet we were focused on the tv.
"Allison I wanted to tell you yesterday, I'm leaving for Nigeria on the 23rd" he said and I paused the series and jerked up to turn to look at him.

"My mom wants me home for Christmas" he said

"I'll miss you" I said feigning tears
"You'll be fine, you always are" he said and pecked my forehead.

Cory and I spent  rest of the day on the couch watching one episode after the other.

By 3pm I laid out my dress and undies for the event on my bed and took a shower and I started my make up soon enough, not too heavy but something light.
By 4:30pm I called Melinda to find out if she was done, I wanted to hitch a ride with her since Cory still had something to do at the clinic by 5. 
"You look stunning" Cory said and I smiled
"Thanks" I replied
"You should smile more often" he said and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

Honk! Honk!!
"That would be for me" I said and hurried out of the house.
"Bye, love you" He said and I smiled on my way out.

I wasn't expecting that.

Melinda and I had a fun ride to work as she put the music on the highest volume and we sang along like there was no tomorrow.
We go to work pretty earlier than expected, there wasn't traffic so it was a smooth ride.

"You're both late" my boss said and I could almost feel myself roll my eyes at her.
****************************************
"Your boss seems nice to me" Cory said
"Yeah yeah to the public" I replied rolling my eyes.
"I hope you had fun?" I asked
"Hmm yeah" he replied
"You looked amazing" I said and he smiled.
We arrived home by 9pm, we both were exhausted I wiped my make up off, took a nice shower and soon drifted to sleep.
****************************************
Usually I'd wake up to birthday songs by Nate and cake from Anika, but this year I guess it's not going to be that way, I woke up earlier than usual maybe because I had been anxious all week, I didn't know what to expect today.

I had no intentions of making breakfast since I was awake and he wasn't I figured i could just do it, even though it was his turn today.

"Good morning babe" Cory said in his morning husky voice when he woke up 2hours later

"Good morning" I replied

He took a glass of water before walking up to place a soft kiss on my lips.