Chapter 26

Baby I'm yours, oh baby I'm yours oh baby I'm yours
My phone rang, it was Mark calling
"Good Morning Mark" I greeted
"Allison, can you come in today? I know it's weekend but I need a few more documentation done and Leah isn't back yet" he said, well at this point I just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me.
"Yes sir, I'd be there in 15 minutes" I replied
"Thanks" he said and hung up

*10 minutes later*
I had taken a shower earlier so i just wore my joggers and a plain white shirt that says Don't you dare and a black hoodie.
"Stella, Mark says I should come in today, he needs me at at the office" I said as I walked in on Stella still covered in her duvet
"Alright, you could have written me a note, you have ruined my sleep!" She shouted and I chuckled.
Stepping out the door, I plugged my ears and walked down the street with my arms in my hoodie pocket I got a bus and dropped at the subway closest to Mae's corner to grab some cinnamon bread and coffee.

***** 10 minutes later*****

In fifteen minutes I was finally at the office I guess that journey from home to the headquarters is longer than I thought but guess who can't complain, Mark.

"Morning Mark" I said as I walked in
"You're late" he said and I rolled my eyes
Well you should be grateful I came in today, it's weekend duh 🙄 I thought.
"Sorry sir" I said and picked up the files on his table
"The remaining files are on Leah's desk" he said and I rolled my eyes again
"You can stop with the rolling of eyes now, just make sure you do the ones you can and leave what's left of it on Leah's desk if you're not done by 12" he said and walking out of the office towards the main door.
"Yes sir" he said and I walked out of his office behind him to Leah's desk.
"And yeah, I'd be in the conference room so when you're done you can just drop the keys" he said again

After two hours of typing I decided to play some music so I scrolled through my playlist and picked the one titled 'boredom' the first song on the list is Love lies by Kahalid and Normani.
"Perfect" I said to myself as I typed away singing aloud to my heart content.
Well wouldn't be a bad idea if I did that right I mean I'm office alone.

After another two hours of typing I was half way through the files and it was 12pm so I did what my boss said drop the remaining files on desk 😊.

After I was done tidying up the files I locked both offices and dropped the key with the Mark in the conference room.

"Are you done with the files" he asked
"Nope" I replied
"As expected,Okay then
I hope you left them somewhere Leah can see them when she gets back?" he asked
"Yes sir it's right on her desk with a note" I replied
"Okay good, any plans tonight?"  He asked again
"Nope" I replied with the hope that he wasn't going to ask that I come in for more work.
"Good then I wanted to treat you to dinner, if you don't mind" he said and I smiled
"I don't" I replied
"Okay, I'd pick you up at 10" he said again and I turned around to leave smiling hoping he doesn't see it.
"Alright" I replied walking out the conference room still smiling, don't even ask why I'm smiling because I honestly don't know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi cuties, I'm glad you've gotten here on this story. Kindly vote, comment to tell me what you think and share 😬.