Chapter 22

Walking back home I hummed my favorite song, I felt so happy, I just wanted the day to end with a smile on my face. I walked straight to the door before I figured out there was a box lying close to the door, it's a brown box with a letter attached to it, what if it's a bomb My mind said to me, probably not I mentally replied, my mind can be annoying it always suggest the worst of situations. I moved  closer to the box and removed the letter, reading it got me scared and looked around to see if I could at least see a shadow of someone walking away from the house, but nothing was in sight.
Dear Stella, this is the remaining stuff from the room you occupied at our house".                                                                -Anika Hale.                                                    

Right now I'm not sure whether to call Stella or just hide this away from her I thought to myself.

Stella is probably not going to freak out or she might knowing that Anika figured out where we live and it's not easy to figure out what goes on in her head, I guess I'd just keep this away.

I walked upstairs with the box in my hand and I just wanted to soak in the shower, I'm honestly too stressed to get worked up about Anika,  a part of me wants to be so scared and a part of says Fear not those are empty threats besides she didn't even say anything bad she only returned her stuff.

My feet hurts a lot  from all that standing and fun I had tonight speaking of fun I remembered Cory just as I twisted the knob of my room to enter.

My phone had rung twice before I noticed it had been vibrating all along in my pocket, and yes my dress has pocket cool right?. Cory had called twice so I called him back it had not ring for long before he picked it.

"hi" I said smiling like he could see me

"hey" he replied
"looks like someone misses me already" I said still smiling
"lol you wish" he said laughing
"not that funny, bye" I said

"c'mon I'm just kidding" he said laughing, I could picture his cute smile and dimple on his left cheek,his birthmark slightly above his lips, his gap tooth, his caramel skin, his black hair and just how beautiful he looks.

"Allison can we stop playing and make it serious" he said, I was kind of confused because if this is what I think it is I didn't picture him asking me out over the phone

"pretty sure you're not asking me out over the phone" I said a bit disappointed but then I mean who does that in this era, sometimes I feel like this guy is from some ancient world.

"well, I wasn't" he said stammering.

"okay then" I said and laughed at him
"Goodnight babe, I need to start reading, my professional exams are in a month" he said a little too fast.
I didn't want the conversation to end too soon but then he had exams.

"Goodnight and all the best with your exams" I said
"thanks" he replied and hung up.

I just want to be happy without this drama from Anika is that too much to ask?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey there, I'm glad you've gotten here on this story. Kindly vote, comment to tell me what you think and share 😬.