Chapter 2

Stress is really terrible. Manage your stress level, and care for your mental health it's important.
😏 It's been three weeks here and it seems like those stories uncles and aunties told were fabricated, school is so stressful and it seems like lectures are unending.

It was early on Monday morning, the weather was still very much cold and the sky was blue and clear, the clouds had formed like wounds of cotton wool in patches.

'this would be perfect for a painting,' I thought as I captured it on my iPhone.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal, I've been calling you for the past 30 seconds and it seems like you were out of this world, what's up with you?" Aiden whined as we headed to the Arts class, It was a class I took to help with designing. I didn't need it but it felt good to attend. 'I just hope it doesn't cost extra'

____

Thirty minutes after the class, Aiden and I walked back to the cafeteria. "Its Stella's day tomorrow" I reminded him.

"Do you think Mom would care?" I asked and he shook his head. I Thought as much I thought. I don't understand why she despises her so much, I never really get. I just wish that sometimes I understood or even could-.

Gbrrrgmmm!!!

"Hey could you at least make use of all of your eyes while walking?" a lady in a pink dress cautioned. "I'm sorry I apologized," I apologized. Panic throbbed behind my throat as more people looked in my direction to see what was going on and I prayed dearly in my heart that no one would make a video of me in a pool of spaghetti and sauce at the cafeteria.

"Allison you should be more careful" Aiden said as he rushed to my side. "get up and let's get you cleaned up" he continued as he held my hand up. Tell me it doesn't get any worse I thought

" Nayla, I understand that you are bitter but could you at least be human?" Aiden asked. She jerked back and looked at the faces of the other students gathered before saying "can't you see I'm the victim here, she literally ruined my dress" she cried, "This was a present to from my father, do you know how much these cost?" She said gesturing at her dress while feigning tears. I could feel the eyes of her friends piercing a hole on me as they side eyed me. They surrounded her and attempted to her dust her dress. Aiden and I picked up the tray and plate and returned it to the counter before leaving the Cafeteria. "Aiden, its rude leave a woman while she's still speaking with you" she yelled across the cafeteria. I could now hear the british accent she had. She earned some glares from the other students.

'oh wow that's the Nayla' I thought. Nayla used to be in love with Aiden and I mean in L-U-S-T since high school and he just wasn't interested, it was like she was love sick or should I say lost puppy. I hadn't met her before now but this first meeting explains his disinterest, she's really rude and little bit of something I can't quite yet describe.

Walking back outside the restroom, my attention was caught by the female figure at the sharp end of the rest room leading to the corridor where Aiden was at earlier, I looked around to see if he was gone, but no sight of him so I moved further to see Tasha stading right next to him. I thought they broke up, I mean it would be a relief. This makes me sound terrible but I guess terrible is good especially of it brings you peace.

"Hey," I said when I got to them

"Bye babe, I'll see you then," he winked and he placed a kiss on her lips, she walked away and I watched him stare at her until she was out of sight.

"wow, I thought you guys broke up," I told Aiden.

"Surprise" he said faking a squeal. "I just told her you're are my best friend and for her sanity she better get used to you being around. She's not a fan of you at all but I guess her love for me outweighs her hate for you," he explained. Love indeed I thought as he continued to ramble about her, Tasha this, Tasha that. We got to my room and he settled his behind without asking on my bed almost immediately as I opened the door.

After another hour of rambling, "Bye Aal, anything you need I'm only a phone call away. Also, I'm sorry to have bore you with my love life I'm sure one day you'll understand." he said after making sure I heard the entire story on how he squandered two thousand dollars while he was away with her last summer. 'Who is this guy?' I wondered. The Aiden I know doesn't ever use his Silver cards except it's important or I'm dying, of which none has ever happened but to my surprise he used it last summer while he travelled the world under the guise of school trip. He left the room and I laughed at his jokes so hard my belly hurt. I settled on the bean bag at the middle of the room thinking 'Do I paint or watch a movie?' I shook my head at both thoughts and continued to seat on the bean bag while staring at the portrait on my side of the room.

Well, at least can today end well? I thought.