Chapter 21

Looking through to crowd I'm trying to find Stella and she's completely out of sight.

"guess who" Someone who is currently blindfolding with their palms, I'm trying to figure out who and then I said "Stella" and the person says wrong, "this better not be a stranger" I thought.

"You really have a habit of forgetting your family don't you?" The person said and in that moment things got awkward and I got scared so I moved forward to unveil the persons hands and right before me is an handsome young man that doesn't seem familiar.

"goodness I'm so sorry I thought you were Debra" he said, while staring at me

"it's all good" I said smiling and looking away

"oh I see you met my grandson" Granny Macy said from behind him

"Granny" he said so happily like he had not seen her in ages and then they started speaking in an unfamiliar language, sounds Spanish though, now would be a perfect time to allow the family members to bond I thought forgetting I still had my hand in Granny Macy's.

"Darling I haven't introduced you to my baby" she said smiling.

"Granny I'm not your baby" he said whining.

"Alison, meet my grand baby Philip and Philip meet my friend Alison" she said and we looked at each other.

"baby I'd be back, have fun Alison" she said and left.

"My Granny can be funny right?" He said still smiling.

"yeah, she is" I replied.

"Philip honey " I heard a middle aged woman who seemed to be in her late 40's call, he smiled and said " I better get going that's my mom calling" I nodded and took a drink from the waiter passing by.

"I see the way you look at that guy, he's cute tho" Stella said like she's been watching me.

"stop it, that's Granny Macy's baby" I said laughing

"really? That's philip?" She asked and I nodded

"he's super cute you know" she said, well it's the first time I've heard Stella speak about a guy and she seems kind of free talking about him or should I say she looks happy generally.

"Stella, Allison " we heard Aiden call.

"Stella, you did not tell me Aiden was coming" I said before turning around to see Aiden and Cory.

"Stella! You dint tell me about Cory" I said with a frown "Granny Macy said I had a plus two besides you so here they are, have fun honey" she said, winked and left.

"Stella wait up" Aiden said leaving Cory and I, "Allison Hale, you look stunning" Cory said staring at me.

"thanks you don't look bad yourself" I said complimenting.

"Ladies and gentlemen may I have your attention please" Granny Macy said into the microphone with a smile.
" Philip honey can you come up here please" she said again and he came out smiling happily and she handed out the microphone to him "First I'd like to thank God for bringing me this far, it's been His Grace and also thanks to my family for their support, also I'd like to thank you for coming out tonight to celebrate with me" he said so excitedly and grateful with a nice American accent.

"To Philip" Granny said while raising her glass and we all chorused "to Philip".

"Why are you excited?" Cory asked

"what?" I asked confused

"you've been smiling since he started speaking" he said

" and why were you staring?" I asked, he looked away and said "I couldn't resist" i blushed and looked away.