54|Gio

unedited** and slightly all over the place ;))

——

"You want to be beaten don't you mutt. You constantly make me want to hurt you, and then you wonder why your life is a mess."

"If you don't tell anyone what I've done to you, I'll let you leave..."

"Caught up? What life do you have to be caught up in other than being here when you are supposed to be?"

A hand reached out, sliding a yellow envelope across the table. She reached her hands out and opened the envelope, pulling out images.

The first image was dark, she set it down and moved to the next. This one just a bit lighter, as the subject had now been seen as a man with a dark hoodie on.

And a knife in his hand.

Setting that image down, she then went to the last image in her hand. Suddenly her hands began to tremble as the content of the image caused a gasp to escape her lips.

"What was in your dream again Eve?" Jessica asked, staring at the trophy on her shelf as she half listened to what Eve had been saying.

"I-In my dream, there were pictures, and the words of a man taunting me." Eve stared at her own feet, gazing at the tattoo inked across her skin.

A branding it now had seemed.

"And what did this man say again-"

"I've already repeated it three times Jessica." Eve interrupted, slightly frustrated with Jessica's absence in their conversation, as her eyes snapped to Eve's and raised an eyebrow.

"But everytime you've told me, it's a different thing happening. One minute it's a familiar voice just talking to you. The next it's the voice of a man guiding you, and finally it's the voice of a man who's taunting you." Jessica tilted her head as she eyed Eve.

"I ask because each time you've told me about your dream, it seems to be different in each spit of your lip." Jessica nearly spit herself as she clenched the arm chair, her nails digging into the leather as Eve saw her fingertips go from pale white, to blood red.

Gulping she blinked and looked down at the ground. "M-My apologies, I didn't mean to yell-"

"Don't worry about it." Jessica said, grabbing her clipboard as she signed her name, and handed her back her medication sheet.

"The pharmacy has your meds, pick them up on the way out and I'll give you a call tomorrow morning to see about that dream." She got up from her seat, as Eve hesitantly followed her to the door, and stepped out.

Just as she had turned around to apologize again, Jessica had slammed the door shut in her face.

Leaving Eve choked up with words as she clenched the purse in her hands, and looked at the sheet signed off by Jessica.

"Yay, more crazy pills." She sighed, as she turned the corner to get to the pharmacy.

——