27|officers

YALL THIS STORY IS ALMOST BOUT TO HIT 60 THOUSAND READS! OMGGGGG! THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!

(Definitely not edited)

EBONY

I awoke to an empty bed, and the outline of Jackons body on the sheets beside me, and instantly as I inhaled his scent, I remembered the kiss from last night, and a soft smile formed on my face.

I still couldnt believe Jackson had let me comfort him when he needed it. As he fell asleep, I traced his face, rememebering every curve and sharp point to his features, as he softly sighed against my hands. I wiped away the tears he didnt realize were falling, as I for once was actually content while I was with him and I hadnt once thought about what would happen when I left this hospital.

I just wanted to stay in that moment with him.

As I came out of my thoughts, I examined the room, looking for where Jackson could have gone. Then as a soft ache came to my abdomen I realized that I couldnt move much because of my still fresh wound. And as I let out a tense breath, I turned my head to the door as it opened, and as I expected for Jackson to walk in, that wasnt the case.

Instead it was two cops.

"Hey, your up thats amazing." The first cop that walked in said with a fake smile as I gulped, instantly feeling my heart stammer and my hands shake with anxiety.

My past experiences with the police caused this anxiety, and feeling of dread. The memory of the last time I was around police officers flooded my brain, as I remembered a teacher calling the police because she had seen the bruises on my skin in middle school. Everything at that moment seemed to be going downhill as they asked me questions, and I just cried and cried, not knowing whether or not I should have told them about everything Gale had been doing to me.

But then I remembered what Gale had said about having people on the inside of the system. And if I told the police, and one of them happened to be an acquaintance of Gales, I thought I would get a much worse punishment than a beating from him.

And after finding out about the Darwins connection to Gale from what Jerry had told me, I now realized just how Gale had people on the inside.

"How are you feeling Ebony." The officer asked me, as I gulped and struggled to answer him. I noticed the way the other officer who looked to be a foreign man, took notes of my behavior, and something within me felt like I had seen him before. But I didnt dwell much on it as my attention was brought back to the officer in front of me, as he told me his name.

"Well I am officer Wilkes, and the main reason me and my partner are here is because a taxi man called us to report that he had brought in a young black girl, with a gunshot wound." He looked up from his notes to me as I bit my cheek and waited for him to continue speaking.

"We've been trying to find you for a while now Ebony. And a couple of weeks back, your step father Gale called us to your home, to report you missing," As he said those words, I felt my heart stammer even more at the realization as to why there were police at Gales house when Markus shot it up. "There's also more news." He continued, turning as he grabbed a vanilla folder from his partner and then opened it, pulling out what looked like pictures.

"Since you've gone missing, alot has happened." He said, his face going from the once mischievous smirk it was to an almost accusing look as he dropped some images on my lap.