40|old names

*unedited and may be a filler chapter*

Ebony

"Your Innocence." The voice echoed around Ebony as she shivered in the dim lit room.

"Ripped away by my very own hands." David walked around her as he stared at his hands. The golden rings on his fingers, and the scars and cuts reminded him of how much they'd been through.

"You can always tell someone's life story, by their hands. Am I wrong?" He bent down as he came eye level to Ebony, gently tilting her head up as the tears were at the brim of her eyes.

"With my hands I could either destroy you, or comfort you. Isn't that crazy to think about?" David's face stretched into a wicked grin as Ebony let out a shaky breath, gulping down the feeling of her dry throat as the effects of the days she had now spent in this dungeon, were now getting to her.

"Why do you want me." Ebony hoarsely asked, for the hundredth time in the days she had been here. She didn't expect any straight reply as David shrugged then and moved away from her.

Running his hand down her shoulder and then arm he caressed her skin, imagining how lovely it would be to have her in his bed.

As his own finally.

"Soon I'll get what I want. And, you'll have your questions answered. We just have to wait until it all comes full circle." David clicked the button on the remote in his hands, as a set of tvs surrounding them turned on, and Ebony hesitantly watched the screen.

She struggled to contain the emotions she had been bottling up inside at the sight of the man on the screen.

His movements, how frantic he was, and how different he looked.

"You see your boy on the screen? See now, we've been keeping tabs on him. Giving him subtle little clues to find us, day by day. Week by week." Ebony blinked at his words, remembering the clues that both Jerry and her were getting in the past.

The body parts.

And as Ebony's eyes stared down to the ground, she felt her stomach churn at the thought of David playing the same type of game, with Jackson.

"We didn't just send body parts this time to the back door. We sent pretty little pictures as well." At those words David clicked another button and jerked Ebony's head up to the screens, as she saw the images of her beatings.

The fake images of her beatings. The ones that looked so real, that she herself had a hard time believing that this didn't actually happen to her.

"Watching someone suffer, is far more entertaining than being the one who suffers." David whispered into Ebony's ear, as she watched as Jackson clenched the image in his hand, before turning and putting his fist through the wall behind him.

She looked away then, feeling the pain that David had mentioned.

She'd caused this. And even though she felt that the pain of losing him would exceed any pain she'd experience in the hands of the enemy, she hadn't changed her mindset.

——

JACKSON

Jackson clutched the edge of the table, catching his breath as he held the now crumbled image tightly in his hand.

He should've been used to these images by now, he told himself. But every time he took a peek at those photos, he always felt his body let go.

The breath he had was always knocked out of him.

He stretched his abused hand, and wiped the sweat from his hands on the front of his jeans.

He stared at the images on the table in front of him, squeezing the edge of the counter as he took in deep breaths, as the memories of the first time he had gotten a package from the Darwin's, haunted his memory.