43|arrival

Y'all this chapter mentions some pretty tough stuff, so please be aware.

*unedited*

____

JACKSON

The train stopped, and it's steam left the pipes as Jackson got up from his seat and began to exit.

Merci had gotten off a few stops before him, and he was glad that she hadn't followed him all the way to his destination.

He didn't want any liabilities.

As he approached the mountain that was described by Danieli, he stared at the map in his hand and tried figuring out just where this 'dungeon' was.

He didn't get any sleep on the train ride as he just stared out the window, devising an escape plan for Ebony's extraction, and the killing of David.

That was the only thing on his mind. Seeing Ebony again, holding her, feeling her skin against his.

Her heartbeat beating once again.

As he made his way up the mountain, he approached a metal door. It wasn't the door that Danieli had told him to look out for, but something told him that this could be the place.

Adjusting the weapons he had with him, he tried the handle. And when it opened with a click, he felt his lungs expand with a sense of anxiety in the slightest.

All the fear that he had built up at this moment, would have to be put away. He needed strength right now, not only for his sake, but for the woman he loved whom he came to save.

He stepped into the void darkness, as the door slammed shut behind him. And when he heard a click and a pop he realized that it locked right behind him.

"This is it." He said to himself, as he glanced around in the darkness, listening for anything out of the unusual.

Before progressing any further into the darkness he pulled out the small flashlight from his side pouch, and clicked it on.

Dust particles clouded the lights beam, as he sweeped the light across the area, noticing that there was nothing in sight around him. The area that he was in was just a large open room.

Then he spotted a door.

As he progressed towards it, he noticed the echo that his footsteps made and he made note of it, for the future.

Jackson examined the door as he came upon it, seeing the engraving on it, with a cursive D.

That could only stand for one thing.

He looked down the door then, searching for a handle of some sort, and when he began to get frustrated, and flashed the light across the room to find any other way to get in, the door clicked open.

And that's when Jackson knew that he was being watched.

He slowly pushed the door open, and stepped through it, as he saw cells in front of him, and the smell of piss and mold invaded his senses.

He gagged, and covered his nose as he walked down the corridor, flashing his light into each cell. And to his relief, there wasn't anyone in them.

"Welcome to my humble abode." The speakers blared a voice that caused Jackson to stop in his tracks, and look up towards the sound of it.

"You've come here to rescue your little girlfriend, am I right Jackson?" Jackson clenched his jaw at the person over the speakers, wondering if it was David who had been speaking to him.