53|see you soon

unedited

y'all foreal, music is an actual inspiration to write for me. with that being said, every single chapter I've written for this story, has most likely been Influenced by a song I've listened to, while and/or even just in general hearing said song.

enjoy 💓

——

"So you two talked? About...Ebony?" Markus asked, raising both of his eyebrows at the realization himself that Eve, was indeed not Ebony.

Jackson nodded softly, staring at the picture in his hand as he took another swig from his beer, thinking about how lightweight his heart had felt now.

"And Jessica knows her too?" Markus sat back in his chair, bringing his hand to his forehead in shock as he thought about the run around of events in their life at the current moment.

"There's no possible way that they could have anything to do with this. Right?" Markus whispered, staring at Jackson as he looked up from the picture then, giving him that look.

"Don't-"

"Jackson I know that's the first thing that came to your mind as well mate. It would be crazy as hell if the Darwin's did have anything to do with this, but you can't tell me it isn't anything you've considered-"

"No I will not consider it because Danieli told me he killed Darwin. And David has been nowhere to be found for years now. We searched high and low for him, everywhere we would've expected for him to be, he wasn't. So miss me with that." Jackson stuffed the picture into his bag and slapped a five onto the bars counter.

"Okay, say it isn't the Darwin's. Well then what other story would lead you to believe that Eve, is indeed Ebony." Markus followed Jackson out of the pub as he threw his bag into his car, and opened the passenger seat as he sat down, staying silent.

"Jackson you won't even give Eve the time of day when she calls you, so how would you know if she is or is not Ebony." Markus got in the car as well, starting it up as they pulled out of the parking lot.

Silence ate away at Jackson's brain, as he continued to think about the tattoo on Eve's foot, and the scar on her thigh.

The scar he remembered so delicately touching when he and Ebony made love. The scar that he had asked her about, and the story she shared about, its origin stuck with him, still to this day.

"For you to still have this scar, means it was pretty deep." Jackson whispered, running his finger over her thigh as she draped it across his leg.

Ebony traced the tattoos on his chest, as her mind went to the for once humorous story behind the scar.

"It wasn't Gale who gave me that scar." She whispered, answering Jackson's internal question as he let out a sigh of relief.

"It was actually my father." Ebony started, resting her hand on Jackson's chest, as the memory resurfaced to the forefront of her mind.

"He pushed me on the swings, and constantly I would scream for him to push me higher, and higher." She felt her cheeks stretch with a smile as she could practically see the memory right in front of her.

"I wanted to be in the clouds. Be apart of the sky. The place where I felt nothing could go wrong there, everything would be airy, quiet and free." The feeling of the wind pushing against her small frame at the young age came back to Ebony as she remembered that day vividly.

"The next thing I remember, is feeling lightweight as I fell from the swing. A few feet in the air, and I came crashing down onto the ground where coincidentally a tree branch stuck out from the earth.Thank God I wasn't impaled or anything, but I did end up with a nasty gash on my thigh as it cut my leg."