4|sorry

EBONY

I couldn't take that bag. I just could not.

Who knew where that money came from. It could be dirty money, and soon enough it's owner would come looking for it, and I sure as heck didn't want to be the one holding it when they came back for it.

This was all a conclusion as I remembered the men who came looking for that guy who tried his hardest to give me the bag. If that money had anything to do with those men, I didn't want any part in it.

But there was also the part of me that at first sight of all that cash, I thought of running away from here. I imagined just leaving, and buying a plane ticket to get as far away from here as possible, and just traveling. Finally finding my peace somewhere, as long as I just wasn't here anymore.

While walking back to my studio, I kept my head down and only looked up briefly to check if anyone was watching me or not. Because that's always what it felt like.

Increasing the speed of my steps, I came to a stop light and pressed the button with my sweater, impatiently waiting for the light to turn, as a chill ran down my spine as I looked all around me, feeling as if eyes were watching me.

The feeling made my stomach twist and turn as I thought it to be Gale, and his group of men.

As the light finally turned green, I practically ran across the street and continued my walk to the building just around the corner.

But suddenly I felt the urge to look behind me. As I turned, I saw nothing in sight but an oncoming car and trees blowing in the scarce wind.

Turning back around I then ran into someone.

"Take the bag." The voice said, as I clutched my chest and let out a shaky breath, looking up at the owner of the voice, to see the guy from earlier.

Jackie-Jackson?

"W-why were you following me?" I asked, letting out a deep shaky breath, as I looked around, hoping Gale wasn't looking out for me.

If he saw that I was indeed 'entertaining' a guy, I'd be more than dead meat.

"Because you have to take this bag of money. No questions asked, and no take backs." He pushed the bag towards me, as I looked down at it, and gulped.

Dirty money. Dirty money. Dirty money.

It continuously repeated in my mind as I then pushed the bag back towards the guy, and walked around him, speeding up my steps.

"What is your problem!" He yelled after me, as I stayed quiet, almost in reach of the studio. And just as I came only a few feet away, I was pulled back by the guy, as the way he pulled my arm, nearly made a bone pop out of its socket.

"I can see the want and need in your eyes. Your denying this money because of what." He said, looking deep into my eyes as he gave me an intense look.

Pulling my arm away from him, I bit my cheek and looked at the bag. "I-I don't know where you got that money from." I said, about to turn around again, but once again he grabbed me pulling me back.

"It's clean. No ties behind it, and no one to come and take it from you-"

"What about those men?" I asked, as I instantly regretted it. As I watched the way his eyes changed, from irritation to some sort of realization but still he had some darkness behind his eyes, as he let me go, and then dropped the bag at my feet.