18|merci

*EDIT TO ANYONE WHO HAS READ THIS CHAPTER BEFORE, THIS IS PARTIALLY REWRITTEN AND ALOT OF CHANGES HAVE AND WILL HAPPEN FROM HERE ON OUT BECAUSE I HAVE CHANGED SOMETHING DIRELY IMPORTANT TO THE STORY IN THIS SPECIFIC CHAPTER*

M A R K U S

My time spent in that small jail cell was minimal, but still helpful.

I thought over and over about what I did of course, but I didn't feel any regret.

I just kept thinking about her. About what she told me and how fast I reacted. It was like she flipped a switch in me with what she said happened to her, and then my immediate reaction was to hurt the people who hurt her.

It reminded me of my wife, and the first time I met her.

"You don't think walking around in the dark with a dress like that on isn't going to attract some lustful men at midnight, darling?" I watched the way she tried to get away from me. Her wide hips not helping my situation as I licked my lips and tried to push away the lustful thoughts I had of her.

I was the worst when drunk.

But with the nearly four inch stilettos she had on, and the way her long legs staggered on the heels I knew she must have been struggling.

"Please, just go away." She sniffled, and just as does, I then I see everything happening in a quick moment. She stumbles and trips over the curb as she tries to walk across the street, not even bothering to look for any cars.

As she's falling headfirst, and I see the headlights of a truck I act on instinct. I go after her, pulling her to me just as the car honks loudly and speeds by.

Crushing her purse that was now in the middle of the street, and everything inside of it on the way.

"I-I-y-you-." She tried to gather her words in a shaky breath, as I simply stared at her very vibrant green orbs and pulled her closer as my drunken state was not helping the situation as my hands snaked around her waist and I leaned down and breathed upon her lips.

"Just deal with it." I whispered finally ending what I had since awaited with a kiss that I knew would seal something forever held onto.

"Markus, we really need to talk about what happened." Paris bugged me in my near sleep as I groaned and flipped over onto my back.

The bed was the only thing keeping me from telling her off, in a polite manner of course. But in all honesty, she was becoming a leech, and I would never tell her that, for reasons I didn't know.

But I guess it was the age difference I held above her. If I were much younger, I'd maybe even think she was sexy. But I've known Paris for a little over two years now, and from what I've seen, heard, and now done, I've come to the conclusion that she's trouble.

A true problem that wouldn't just be fixed with a simple talk through. She needed full affection and assurance of the future.

"What's up." I sighed, hoping my voice held no tone that I knew she could easily detect.

And as she sat on the end of the bed, playing with the blanket I knew she was beginning to say something I'd try my hardest to block out.