20|speaking up

E B O N Y

The woman stared at me with the same look I did her. Maybe a little less shocked, but overall intrigued.

"Please do not be afraid." She said softly, putting her hands up in a defenseless manner as I just eyed her with shocked eyes, feeling slightly faint.

Which in all honesty, I felt like I would've passed out at this moment.

"H-how-"

"My name is Eliza." I then turned around from the mirror as she brought her hand down, waiting for me to shake it, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

So instead i just stared at her. Blinking several times to make sure this wasn't a dream. My mother was standing right before me-or atleast a woman who looked so much like her with some slightly different features.

Could this be someone my mother is related to? That I am related too?

"I understand that you may be confused, or moreover shocked to see me here."

"W-who are you?" I asked, despite just now finding out her name but wanting to know exactly who she was and why she looked so much like my mother.

"I-I had hoped we'd have met under different circumstances. But I've been watching you, and I can tell that your doing fine out of his care-"

"I am not going to ask again." I found myself saying with a slight bit of anger in my tone. Why I was angry I couldnt quite put to words, but I'm sure it was the sense of betrayal that was now from two different people in one day that influenced the anger within me.

"Your mother, she-"

"Ebony. Are you okay in here?" Paris stepped into the bathroom then as I turned my head to look at her.

"Your crying, is it because of what I said?" She immediately rushed to me as I turned my head back to where the woman once stood. But she was gone.

I furrowed my eyebrows, until I realized that Paris said I had been crying and I wiped my face as I turned to the mirror again. "Ebony I didnt mean to just let your business out there like that but-"

"I'm okay." I said as I ran some water over my cheeks and tried to dry my face. As I looked up to see my eyes still bloodshot red, I caught a glimpse of the woman leaving the bathroom.

"O-Okay, well lets head back out." Paris whispered, holding onto my hand as I nodded and followed her out of the bathroom.

As we stepped out of the bathroom, I looked around the restaurant to see the woman make her way to the front doors. As she began to push her way out the doors, she stopped and glanced back at me with shades on, then she pushed her way through as the doors closed behind her.

I gulped as Paris led me back to the table and I noticed Jackson missing and Markus putting white boxes into bags. "We're leaving already?" Paris asked as Markus nodded briefly while he continued to pack things up.

"Jackson said we have to head back to the hotel." Paris and I both nodded as we made our way out of the restaurant. As we stepped out, Jackson was leaning on the car with a cigarette in his hand as I just gulped at the sight of him with that death trap in his hands.

But either way I wasn't going to ask him why he was smoking, and as his eyes found my own, I quickly glanced away and felt Paris squeeze my hand as I pulled the car door open and slid in.

After a minute or two of watching Jackson continue to inhale toxins and poisons that would eventually kill him, he finally dropped the thing to the ground and stomped it out, before getting in beside me.