19|situations

I also apologize for any mistakes, chapters haven't been FULLY proofread yet. ;/

E B O N Y

The next morning came and I felt, for once in my life, calm.  Not the peaceful type of calm I'd always be awaiting, but the type of calm that I knew would stir, but I'd take the time to relish it for the moment.

Paris lay still asleep beside me, her form quite messy as she nearly kicked me out of the bed last night, and almost let me freeze to death as she snatched the sheets away.

But once I got settled in, I found myself sleeping quite nice. Especially after last nights break down. And I appreciated that I could rest as well as I did. Even if it meant it was only for now.

I was in the bathroom now, washing myself off and being marvelled at how great the soap smelled, and how nice the water jets too made my skin feel. It was like I was getting a mini massage of some sort, and the feeling just brought tingles to my toes.

Which was something I never experienced before.

And as I pondered on the things I never experienced before my mind drifted as I thought about Jackson, and this hotel, and that man from the bar. The way he looked at me made me feel odd.

Odd in a bad way. As if he knew something about me that I didn't even know. Which was in itself, terrifying.

But I quickly shook the thought away as I finally stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around me and avoiding the mirror like I always do.

I opened the door and stepped out, hearing a angelic like humming coming from the bedroom. Paris got up and grabbed her things, still humming and not even noticing my presence as I stared at her in awe when she turned to me and gasped.

"H-How long have you been standing there?" She asked, with a shaky smile.

"I just got out of the shower." I said smiling at her, as she gave me a hesitant look. "Paris your voice is amazing." I assured her, as she shook her head and then chuckled.

"Don't amp me up. I'm not that great." She began to walk past me and into the bathroom, but I stopped her as I gently touched her arm. "I'm serious. You have the voice of an angel." My words must have affected her in a way I couldn't quite figure out as she gulped and then nodded with a "Thanks." before stepping into the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

I never expected for Paris to be the singing type, but I didn't know much about her, and that could be the least that she was capable of.

I then made my way over to my bag and began to dig through my clothes, which were minimal to nothing that I hadn't worn yesterday, or the days before.

And then I saw an outfit laid out on the bed. As I wondered if it was left out for me the bathroom door opened and Paris peeked out as I turned to her. "Those clothes are for you by the way. Thank me later." She winked and then closed the bathroom door.

I smiled and grabbed the  jeans and sweater, sliding them on and then fixing up the bed.

---

It had been an hour or two later when Paris and I stepped out of the hotel room, and knocked on the door across from us.

I was nervous to be face to face with Jackson because yet again, I didn't know if he was still upset with me from last night.