39|love and heartbreak

*unedited than a mugggg*

EBONY

Ebony set the paper onto the pillow she had recently rested her head upon. Watching the soft mellow breaths of the man beside her whom she had grown to care deeply for, she pondered whether doing what she had planned for days now was the right decision.

It had to come down to this. She wouldn't let him risk his life for her and she sure as hell wouldn't let anyone else die because of her.

Especially a man who didn't deserve to risk his life for someone like her.

She caressed his cheek, his warm skin and the way he sighed as her hand touched his face made her heart clench at the sight.

"I love you." She whispered, as she gently kissed his cheek and began to get out of the bed.

She felt the night before's events tingle her all over, as she let out a soft sigh, and smiled softly as she hoped he'd remember this last moment of them together with the same smile as she had.

As she progressed to the door, she stopped in her tracks when she heard his voice.

"I'm gonna love you forever." He said, causing Ebony to clench her hands into fists, as her heart beat against her chest.

As she turned to look back, she had realized that Jackson was still asleep as she saw his bare back, and the way he held the pillow she once lay on, with a tight embrace.

She gulped as she quickly looked away, as her decision wavered, and she remembered his words from the night before.

His confession. His love, his anger. But most of all the pain and vulnerability he had showed.

With those emotions running through her mind she left the room. Left the house, and didn't dare to look back with the tools in her hands she had, to find the two people whom she'd made it her duty, to save.

No one else would die for her. She'd make sure of it.

Even if it meant losing herself in the mist of doing so.

——

JACKSON

Jackson awoke with a sigh, as he clenched his hands and began to stretch in the bed.

As he slowly opened his eyes, and rubbed the crust out of them, he had felt a new sense of calmness overcome him.

Something that he wasn't normally used too with the events that he'd experienced.

He lay on his back then, and stared up at the ceiling. His mind went to the night before, and the foggy details of it suddenly flashed across his mind as he felt warm all over.

He softly chuckled at the feeling, as he thought it was kinda cliche to call it 'love making', but that's truly what he felt like it was that he had experienced with Ebony.

His Ebony.

At the thought of her he looked over to the other side of the bed, expecting too see her brown curls, and brown skin lying beside him as she slept with her kitten like breaths.