23|murder

(SURPRISE SURPRISE! Also, highly unedited)

Paris

Everything that I went through years ago, was happening now. I was stripped of my humanity, and beaten for just wanting to live and have hope again.

But I still fought day by day, hoping someone would come and save me. Hoping that Markus, the man that I knew would never be mine, and I being too selfish to think of Markus as being a bad man because he traded me for his son, would realize that I was worth being saved after all.

As I sat in my own filth, legs pulled up to my chest, staring out into the darkness as my throat burned from vomiting up the so called 'food' they gave me, I remembered Ebony.

She was the only one I had left to hopefully save me. Not him, the one who once promised to never let me go back to this life again.

Jackson. Just the thought of his name made my insides boil with anger and I felt more tortured thinking about what he did to me, which was far more worse than what these monsters were doing.

All for revenge.

If I ever made it out of here, I'd hope Ebony wasn't fooled just like I was. And I'd make sure that she knew just how horrible he is.

Ebony (a couple of weeks later)

I eventually gained some of my strength back within one week. And it took me another week just to finally convince Jerry that I was really serious about wanting to learn how to defend myself.

His words were simply, "You do not kill because you want to, or because you have too. Its only if it becomes your last option."

And I took those words directly to my heart.

I hadn't seen Jackson in a little over a week, and a part of me was upset that he had actually left.

But a bigger part of me wanted to show him that I wasn't weak. And that I could do things on my own, even without him.

And deep down, I felt almost eager to see him again. And show him the improvements I've made. Because for some reason I kept thinking of that woman in red. How she so easily lured Jackson in with her beauty.

I didn't know what the feeling was that made me angry over the situation. But I just knew that by seeing him again, and showing him the improved me, hopefully that feeling would go away.

At the moment Jerry had me start to read books on the chinese art of fighting. I was honestly bored, and only looked at the pictures. He also made me start to work out a lot, and just to put to it, I wasn't a fan of that either.

I also started working at the bar; A job that I recently found out was once both Jackson and Paris'.

I felt a pang in my chest just thinking of what she could be going through. There were many days that I eavesdropped on Jerry and the other men of the gang's conversations in the meeting room. From what I got from them, there was only little improvement day by day on the search for Paris.

I scrubbed the counter down, avoiding some of the looks the older men from the poker table were giving me. I couldn't help but hear what they were saying about me, and how they said it disgusted me.

It brought me back to the time with Gale and those men.

In my mind I would asked them, "Don't you have a granddaughter around my age? Or even a daughter who once was of my age?"