35|subtle truths

** Poorly written and barely edited , be advised!! **

EBONY

Ebony woke up before Jackson with his arm around her, and her body pulled tightly and close to his chest.

Turning in his arms Ebony didn't notice that Jackson had then began to wake up as she felt him pull her closer out of instinct.

She turned, staring at his face and examining his features and noticing how he let out soft subtle snores as he slept.

He looked so calm. So at peace at this very moment that it made her sad to think that these moments between them, probably wouldn't last long.

She then thought about the day before, and the way Jackson had been acting, as well as how she had acted also.

She didn't like it when Jackson lied to her, but she also didn't want to lie to him in the way that she did ever again.

Before she knew it she was tracing his features with a gentle touch. The curvature of his nose, made her notice the slight slant that meant it was broken before.

And the long lashes he had, along with his thick eyebrows made her softly smile at the fact that his were predominantly longer than hers.

"Good morning to you too." Jackson whispered, smiling at Ebony as she quickly tried to pull away out of surprise, but he didn't let her as he held her tightly around her hips and opened his eyes to see her shocked expression.

"Don't scare me like that." She said, letting out a soft breath as she brought her hand to her chest, and Jackson softly chuckled at her.

"I like when you do that." He said, staring at her hands as she brought them to down to his chest and eyed him as she lay her chin on them.

"When I jump in fear?" She asked, as he shook his head and removed his hands from her waist and to her hands as he brought them back to his face.

"When you touch me like that. It's such a soft and gentle touch, that I can't help but have to stop you because then I'd end up doing something that we don't need right now." He said, as she ran her fingers under his eyes, on the bags there as if she was softly trying to erase them and smooth the skin out.

"What don't we need right now besides each other?" Ebony whispered, staring into his eyes then as he couldn't hide the ghost of a smile on his face as he brought his hands back to her waist, resisting bringing them lower as he squeezed her sides and leaned up, kissing her softly on the lips as he stared into her eyes then.

"You wear your innocence very well." He said, as she furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head at the thought of being innocent.

"I'm not innocent." She whispered, looking away from Jackson as she pulled her hands away from his face and began to sit up, as Jackson let her, but followed in suite as he kept his hands on her sides.

"Your innocence is what makes you who you are." Jackson said, grabbing her hands as she couldn't help but feel like what he was saying meant the total opposite.

"But it also makes me weak. And vulnerable." She looked up into his eyes then, noticing the hard look he was giving her. "You know this Jackson. That's why I got abused all those years, and why I let those men do things to me. Because I'm innocent and because I'm weak-"