17|afraid

I apologize for any mistakes, chapters haven't been FULLY proofread yet. ;/

J A C K S O N

I kept the information to myself until I really had to tell Jerry. Knowing him, and him also knowing me and the vendetta I have against the Darwins, he'd immediately try to stop me from going after them again.

But all I could think about was how close they were to taking something away from me again.

One question still lingered on my mind though. And that was where they got guns from. The Darwins are known to use weapons that aren't guns. Or even could possibly be used at long range because they're hands on fighters.

That also builds up to another question I never thought about up until now. When I was shot, it wasn't them who shot me then.

It was someone else.

"Everyone get your bags. Inside is some cash and a designated hotel for most of you, since some of you have homes to go back to, go back but do not tell your families of anything that's happened here today." Jerrys words never missed a soul as every man of the gang who was now in the room, that was overly crowded, nodded.

I looked over to Markus, who simply stared at the ground at Jerry's words.

"Thank my friend Danieli here personally for the gifts you all have waiting outside, when you all have the chance." Jerry then put his hand on the shoulder of a short Italian man, who's eyes never left Ebonys as she gulped and looked down to the ground, after she caught his eyes for a second.

"No need no need. Anything for the people big man here cares so much for." His voice held a thick Italian accent as he smiled.

"Now go. I expect a call from each hotel saying you've made it."Jerry said, and with those words everyone scrambled out of the room.

As I turned to leave with Ebony in tow, I heard his voice then. "Wait, Jackie is it?" The Danieli guy asked, as I turned my head and glanced at him over my shoulder.

I didn't confirm whether or not that was my name, but I simply eyed him as he looked between Ebony and I and then smiled. "I've seen this before you know. Beautiful couple, rich in love and true affection." His smile widened as I neither confirmed his thoughts or denied them once again.

"She's a quiet one." He said, pointing at Ebony as he then made his way over to her. I began to take a step towards him to stand in front of Ebony, but then I noticed Jerrys eyes and the look he gave me told me to stand down.

So with a clenched jaw and my hands gripping the bags in my hand as tight as humanly possible, I watched as the man now stood in front of a shaking and faltering Ebony. "Is there something wrong sweetie?" His voice was soft, as he brought his hand to her chin and she flinched away slightly as he lifted her head up to look at him.

They were eye to eye as her breathing came out quicker and she gulped. "What is your name." He examined her face as she let out a shaky breath and then spoke. "E-Ebony." She answered.

Then Danielie's face changed. His eyes slightly widened and his mouth came down just the slightest. It wasn't a facial expression that showed excitement or even what I expected was lust.