50|meeting again [II]

*unedited*

Jackson followed Eve around. Watching what she did, examining how she acted and getting her routine down and on paper, while planning the right moment to approach her, again.

He didn't want to startle her or make her run away from him again. Because something deep down told him that if she ever got away again, she'd probably never come back.

"It's pretty much just coffee, her work office, and then back home for her." Jackson told Markus who played with Mesh, completely ignoring what Jackson had said as he put the notepad down, and eyed the two.

"And did she notice you at all?" Markus said, playing peekaboo with Mesh as Jackson clenched his jaw and grabbed the empty can of soda sitting on the dresser as he threw it at the back of his head.

"Ouch!" Markus said, rubbing his neck as he turned around eyeing Jackson as Mesh ran into the bedroom.

"Of course she didn't notice me you idiot." Jackson spit, slamming his notepad on the desk as he went into the kitchen and grabbed a beer.

"I'm sorry man, Mesh just caught my attention because she's so sweet. I mean look at her." Markus watched as she ran around in circles, chasing her tail in the bedroom, before laying down on the floor after a minute because she was tired.

"If you want her so bad, take her home with you." Jackson said, taking a swig from his beer as he went back into the living room and grabbed the notepad, reading over his notes.

"Paris would like that." Markus whispered, considering the thought as Jackson hadn't heard him, as he was too focused on the notes he had written down. "Anyway, did you notice anything out of the ordinary?" Markus sat on the edge of the couch while watching Jackson, as he shrugged and shook his head.

"Not at all. Ebony-"

"Eve mate. Remember we decided on calling her Eve." Markus raised an eyebrow at Jackson as Jackson nodded, and sighed.

"Eve's daily routine consists of doing boring shit. Coffee, work, and then whatever she does in that apartment of hers." He threw the notepad aside out of frustration as he grabbed his beer and took another swig.

"Okay so with that being said, you two have seen eachother in two of the three places she travels too often. Her home, and the coffee shop. And although it could cause some strife to meet her at work, I believe that'll be the only place she wouldn't expect to see you there." Markus shrugged as he grabbed his jacket off the couch.

"Tomorrow?" Jackson asked, walking him to the door as Markus nodded, as he stepped out of the apartment and turned to his friend.

"Remember what we talked about, and just exactly how you plan to approach her. Don't get sappy, and don't get overbearing." Markus sighed as he noticed the battle behind Jackson's eyes. "Let her do most of the talking." Markus said, giving Jackson one final pat on the shoulder as he turned to leave, and Jackson closed the door to his apartment.

Leaning on it he thought about what tomorrow could hold for him, and his future.

——

"We will get out of here. Okay? I'll make sure of it, and I-I'll keep you safe." Ebony's words echoed throughout Eves mind as she sat in the dark cell, curled up in a ball, rocking back and forth.

The sounds of various screams of tortured children surrounded her, but they didn't affect her as much as the sound of her sisters blood curdling scream.

They were abusing her mentally, while Eve was abused physically. Eventually the physical abuse went to her head, and she had forgotten everything about the outside world.