49|spills

"H-He just showed up. At my d-door, with my bottle of pills, asking for me." Eve breathed, staring at her shaking hands as she balled them into fists, to stop them from doing so.

"And.."The woman breathed, pushing Eve for more information.

Looking at the woman's red shoes, Eve let out a tense breath and gulped, feeling a familiar burn to her chest at the name that had been ringing in her mind since yesterday.

"He also called me Ebony." She looked up into her eyes then, as the the woman raised both eyebrows, and sat back in her seat, thinking about what this could mean.

"So he called you your sisters name?" The woman asked, as Eve nodded and looked back down to her hands in her lap, as the woman evaluated the situation. "So he knows that she's alive." She whispered to herself, not knowing that Eve could hear what she had said, and Eve furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head at the woman's words.

"I am not Ebony though. So whatever he thinks he knows is wrong." Eve spit, feeling her heartbeat race at the thought of being mistaken for someone else.

Someone who ruined her life.

As the woman realized that she had said her internal thoughts out loud, she masked onto her face a sad look, before nodding with an anxious smile. "O-Of course, I apologize for making that assumption. Would you like another prescription for the night tremors, Eve?"

Eve blinked away the emotion that had come to the surface as she shook her head, and grabbed her bag. "No it's fine, I have enough. So, I'll be on my way now." She got up and began to leave as the woman fixed her lips to apologize once again, but the door slamming shut cut her off, as she sat back in her chair and sighed.

——

Coffee,work, then home. Coffee, work, then home. Coffee, work, then ho-

"Excuse me miss, you've dropped something." Turning around to the voice of a man, Eve stared at the image in the mans hand, and blinked several times to conceal the emotion in her eyes as she looked back up at him.

"That's not mine." She said, turning back around to walk away, but the man gently grabbed her arm and turned her to look at the photo once again.

"But the photo is of you." He pointed at the woman in the photo, as Eve gulped and nodded as she smiled shakily. "I-I didn't see that at first. Thank you for returning it to me." She snatched the photo out of his hands and stuffed it into her purse as she quickly walked away.

Once she was far away from the man she turned into an alleyway, ducking behind a trash can as she dug the photo out of her purse and looked at it with shaking hands.

What once was two half's of a photo, now became one with the help of tape.

In the photo Ebony stared at the camera, smiling as Jackson kissed her cheek. The both of them seemingly happy, and unaware of what would happen in the future.

As the wind blew, Eve felt a chill to her cheeks. Bringing her hands up to her face she felt for the wetness of tears, and immediately wiped them away, unaware that they had even fallen in the first place.

Folding up the photo and stuffing it back into her purse, Eve got up and fixed her clothing as she made her way out of the alley, and headed to the coffee house with calming breaths.

I will not let this ruin my day.

Stepping inside of the warm building Eve made her way to the front, stepping up to order.

"What can I get for you dear."

"So your telling me you saw Ebony? In real life, not just some dream-" Markus furrowed his eyebrows at his friend, worrying for his mental state.