33|signed statements

Not edited and possibly won't be edited until some time from now**

EBONY

They had both left the room just as Eliza was planning on going in to check on the two. And as they opened the door and Eliza stood there with a tray of two plates of breakfast foods she smiled in shock, but also relief.

"Good morning." She said, as Ebony looked at the tray and felt something within her feel warm at the thought of being made breakfast food.

"It's pancakes with turkey bacon, and sausage for Ebony, no eggs though-"

"H-how did you know I didn't like eggs?" Ebony asked, as Eliza looked at her and shrugged with that same bright smile.

"Just a wild guess because I myself don't like eggs." She said, as Ebony grabbed the plate and smiled in thanks as she didn't question her any further, and Jackson did the same as he took his plate of pancakes, sausage, turkey bacon, toast and eggs.

Then they followed Eliza back into the kitchen as they sat at the table and examined their meal.

Ebony for a second just stared at the meal out of awe, as it was almost nostalgic to have breakfast made for her once again.

It had been years since she had even had a decent meal, let alone actually getting served breakfast without a few slanders being thrown at her, and worrying about being hit after eating.

As Jackson looked up to Ebony, he noticed the slight hesitance she had to her, as he also was skeptical about the meal. As he himself had actually never had such a thing as Eliza had made for him.

In all his years of staying with Jerry he had never made him an actual breakfast, or even offered to do so. He had grown up eating whatever he felt like, and that happened to exclude such things as pancakes and toast.

And as he watched Ebony hesitantly take a bite out of the pancakes, he saw a small smile form on her face and he let that show that he should try it also.

And he did, and the taste of syrup and buttery pancake fluff wasn't too bad. The warmth of everything afterwards that he had eaten, and scraped the plate clean of actually made him feel more relaxed and at ease almost.

"Did you enjoy your meals?" Eliza asked, setting down two cups of orange juice and watching as the two continued to look at each other, as Ebony then brought her hand up as she wiped away a crumb from the corner of Jackson's mouth with her finger and smiled at him softly.

Eliza couldn't describe how she had felt watching the scene, but she knew it had made her heart heavy as she thought about her own past and the man who had been there for her like Jackson was for Ebony.

Shaking the thought out of her mind she knew that the reason behind leaving with Ebony was because of her past, and because of what she did that caused her to be away from her so long.

"I'm back." The voice of Markus said as he came back into the apartment, with a bag in his hand as both Eliza and Jackson could already tell that it was beer.

As he made his way into the kitchen his eyes caught Jackson's and they both held a tense stare. No one said anything as Markus just broke his eyes away from Jackson's and went into the kitchen fixing him a plate of the breakfast food that Eliza had made, before he put the beers in the fridge and stepped out of the kitchen as he flopped onto the couch and dug into the meal.

"Now all we need is Ravinoff and things can get going once again." Eliza said, cleaning up the kitchen and then heading into the back rooms as Jackson stared at Markus, knowing something was off about him and he found himself wondering if the mood he had, was because of his son.